Will Finals starts be skipped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Finals starts be skipped?

Big decision here, as this will likely mean the title or not for me: I have some top arms scheduled to pitch late in this final week. I am worried their games might get skipped. Specifically, I am worried that Lamet and Carrasco might lose their fianl starts. They have both been great for me and I would have to bench them for lesser pitchers, but is that the right play?

My replacement options would be Turnbull and Happ.

I'm sure every team wants to have their best arms lined up for the first start in the postseason, which is September 29-30, and I'm equally sure they probably don't want these arms getting cold by then.

My guess is these top pitchers go 2-3 innings in their final start to keep them loose.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I'm sure every team wants to have their best arms lined up for the first start in the postseason, which is September 29-30, and I'm equally sure they probably don't want these arms getting cold by then.

My guess is these top pitchers go 2-3 innings in their final start to keep them loose.
      Hmm. That is tough. 2-3 innings of Lamet and Carrasco could outperform a full game from Turnbull and Happ, or Pablo Lopez, who is another option, though he got lit up by ATL the last time he pitched against them. Then again, the wins are not gonna be there, and Turnbull is playing the lowly Royals. Gah. I hate that this season might be decided by this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Hmm. That is tough. 2-3 innings of Lamet and Carrasco could outperform a full game from Turnbull and Happ, or Pablo Lopez, who is another option, though he got lit up by ATL the last time he pitched against them. Then again, the wins are not gonna be there, and Turnbull is playing the lowly Royals. Gah. I hate that this season might be decided by this.
        I would split the difference and go with Turnbull over one of Carrasco or Lamet. Then again, both teams have deep starting staffs with other aces, so i could see each given 5 IP or 80 pitches, a short leash but enough to collect a W.

Tough decision. Good luck!
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          I would split the difference and go with Turnbull over one of Carrasco or Lamet. Then again, both teams have deep starting staffs with other aces, so i could see each given 5 IP or 80 pitches, a short leash but enough to collect a W.

Tough decision. Good luck!
          I was leaning Turnbull, cuz of the KC match up. Yeah, I might do that. Carrasco is Friday and Cleveland might still be playing games that matter then, so he is the logical choice. Lamet has been so good for me, though, tough to leave him on the bench. He got the win on 86 pitches his last start.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I was leaning Turnbull, cuz of the KC match up. Yeah, I might do that. Carrasco is Friday and Cleveland might still be playing games that matter then, so he is the logical choice. Lamet has been so good for me, though, tough to leave him on the bench. He got the win on 86 pitches his last start.
            That's a tough choice, but I would go with Turnbull vs KC. You know he won't be on a short leash, KC sucks, so it seems like the best combination of factors.

I was really needing a win from Dane Dunning yesterday. Pulled after 4 innings, 87 pitches, and a 4-4 tie game. Removed because Jose Ramirez was due up and had a HR earlier in the game, but it really ticked me off. The reliever they brought in gave up 2, while Dunning had been cruising after a rocky first 2 innings. I hate the last week of the season.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              I hate the last week of the season.
              For real, although for me, it seems my hitting will be the thing that may do me in, not pitchers being pulled early. Unless my bats wake up fast, things are not looking good. Conforto being hurt does not help either.

Comment

Working...
              X