Ruth Bader Ginsburg Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Ah, CBB, I missed your constant justifications of abhorrent behavior on the right by trying to find its equivalent on the left. It's a super, duper way of looking at life. That way no one ever has to be better. We can just all continue to spiral down, pointing at each other all the way as a reason to keep going lower.

If you are looking for a defense from me from abhorrent behavior from "my side" you won't find it. It would be nice if people didn't excuse such behavior based on previous abhorrent behavior from "the other side."
    if you're aware of the exact same abhorrent behavior from your side, then I dont see why you would be surprised by this. BTW, where did I justify or excuse anything?
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      That's his specialty. And yes, it was sad not having him around until RBG died so like 1J he could come and gloat. It's so pathetic.
      sorry, I've got a full and busy life and tossing insults on forums has been trimmed out of my life. I only came here to see how nots was doing. PM'd him, hope he's ok.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        if you're aware of the exact same abhorrent behavior from your side, then I dont see why you would be surprised by this. BTW, where did I justify or excuse anything?
        You are right--hoping for civil behavior from people is a recipe for disappointment, especially when those people are at a partisan gathering. At my age, I really should have learned that.

Comment

If you think lefties fail to call out other lefties for celebrating deaths of right wingers, you must not be following my work around here! I'm attacked for my viciousness regularly by nearly every lefty here (same for GITH). What a laughable post.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

You may cite my work in the "Koch bros - one down, one to go" thread if you like, but it would only disprove your entire premise.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              You may cite my work in the "Koch bros - one down, one to go" thread if you like, but it would only disprove your entire premise.
              Thanks for the reminder, TW. I forgot about that thread. Here is a post I made in it, though I don't know why I am reposting it. It gets tiresome to have to prove one is not being hypocritical or one-sided any time he calls about bad behavior on anyone on the right. I really don't get the kneejerk reaction to defend or deflect any fair criticism of behavior from someone on "your team" by pointing to bad behavior on the other side.

"I'll chime in to agree with those saying this thread, and the reactions of many on the left, to Koch's death is distasteful and not something I would engage in. I'm with Bernie Sanders on this, who chided his crowd for cheering his death. I think the impetus to take joy in the death of others needs to be examined carefully. Some soul searching needs to be done there.

That said, I certainly understand those that do not mourn his passing and do not shy away from pointing out the harm he has done during his life. But that can be done with less ghoulish glee. I also think, despite the tremendous harm Koch has done, comparing him to Epstein or even Hitler reveals that the Koch brothers have clearly been successfully vilified on the left as much as Soros has been on the right. Both seem to have be turned into larger than life boogeymen. I do not know what was in Koch's heart and mind as he advocated for policies that have caused tremendous harm to our planet, but I would hope that behind them was a sincere belief that climate change concerns were overblown, the the political manipulations he engage in was par for the course and part of the rules of play of our system, and that he believed he had done as much good as harm in the world."

IF that is the case, I think a better comparison to Koch would be George HW Bush. I've stated before, I think Bush made decisions that he thought was right as president. Those decisions, especially bringing us into the Iraq war, make him one of the worst presidents ever. As much as a loathe Trump, one can argue that he has not yet nor will he cause as much harm as Bush did while in office. All that said, I do not hate Bush. I think he is a decent human being who also happened to be a horrendous president. I would not take joy in his death, despite the harm he caused. I certainly would not compare him to a predator like Epstein, even though, again, he caused a lot of harm--more than Koch, maybe?

Comment

Rereading the end of that post from last year--the bit about Trump, as loathsome as he is, not being as bad causing as much harm as president as Bush did, did NOT age well.

Comment

Also, CBB's return with his immediate deflection of bad behavior by the right with whataboutism is echoed by his continued use of an avatar that is so absurd given the president he supports, it boggles the mind. The best defense is a good offense, I suppose.

Comment

CBB and OneJay both suckle at the same teat.

Trump's.

There's your cupping 2020 bitches.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Also, CBB's return with his immediate deflection of bad behavior by the right with whataboutism is echoed by his continued use of an avatar that is so absurd given the president he supports, it boggles the mind. The best defense is a good offense, I suppose.
                      Speaking of boggling the mind, hopefully I'll have a new Biden avatar next week to commemorate his fantastic debate performance.

Comment

Speaking of boggling the mind, hopefully I'll have a new Biden avatar next week to commemorate his fantastic debate performance.
                        I expect gaffes and stumbles galore from Biden. He wasn't an elite debater, even in his prime, and he is certainly past that now. Then again, he won't have to be more than half competent and coherent to top Trump. Not that it will matter in terms of votes. HRC totally outdebated Trump and it didn't matter. The votes are largely decided already. Most won't watch the debates, and Trump's fans will just take his word when after, no matter what happens, he will claim total victory.

Comment

You aren't worried about Biden taking uppers like Trump has mused about? Biden is still a bit confused at times, but far less so than he was in the primaries. I have been on record saying Biden would get crushed in the debate. I still think there's a chance Trump gains more from it than Biden does, but i don't feel its a lock anymore. Ultimately, I want Biden jacked up on whatever uppers he needs to get through it without an eyeball exploding on him, I want Trump sniffing and sucking air from his fancy UK-imported Sudafed, and i want vicious attacks on policy over personality, as unlikely as that last bit is. This would give us the best shot at the ultimate spectacle. The one man pushup contest where Biden does 3 push-ups and Trump wins for the most brutal takedown of his form.

I like your NYT quote in your handle, BTW. Its an effective troll given the nakedness of the lie being spun. Actually, I wonder if Biden and Trump could physically engage during the debate, depending how far away they are... Biden gets super handsy and pushy with people on the campaign trail. Trump literally acted on WWE for years.... i hadn't considered it. I wonder what kind of betting odds you'd get on a wager for that?

Comment

Not that it will matter in terms of votes. HRC totally outdebated Trump and it didn't matter. The votes are largely decided already. Most won't watch the debates, and Trump's fans will just take his word when after, no matter what happens, he will claim total victory.
                            Wow, given how close races are in some states, I disagree. Per HRC, her debate performances did help her - issue was she didn't follow up on them, either through smart ad buys or personal appearances or both. While most votes may well be decided, even if only 6% of the votes are in play, this could swing any number of states. With the Biden campaign heavily limiting appearances - and recently lidding out early in the morning - I think the debates will take on more importance than less. It may be the last set of debates that really influence a presidential election in our lifetime.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Wow, given how close races are in some states, I disagree. Per HRC, her debate performances did help her - issue was she didn't follow up on them, either through smart ad buys or personal appearances or both. While most votes may well be decided, even if only 6% of the votes are in play, this could swing any number of states. With the Biden campaign heavily limiting appearances - and recently lidding out early in the morning - I think the debates will take on more importance than less. It may be the last set of debates that really influence a presidential election in our lifetime.
                              I agree but I'm not sure how bad Biden has to do for it to make a difference. Is Joe Hiden hiding because his dementia is getting worse? Or is he hiding to lower expectations and will show up to the debate as if he's 5 years younger? Also, its not like Trump is a master debater. They could both be so bad that voters decide neither of them is worth their vote.

I'm guessing Biden has multiple dementia moments but it only moves Trump 1 or 2 points closer which puts him 5 or 6 back in a race he needs to lose by no more than 2 to have a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                More than any election in my lifetime, the idea that a debate would sway voters is incomprehensible to me, but that is likely because I am once again overestimating some voters. My assumption is that everyone knows who these people are and what they stand for by now, but I don't know why I am assuming that when I'm seeing many folks on the right that seem convinced Biden is a Marxist and represents an end to freedom. But those folks will not be swayed by the debates any more than those of us who believe Trump is a wannabe autocrat that represents an existential threat to our democracy will be swayed. Maybe there are voters who still don't know what these candidates stand for, but I'd be surprised if many voters that ill-informed are going to watch these debates.

Comment

Working...
                                X