Worth Doing This Trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth Doing This Trade?

Slow season in many ways... Considering one last trade before the deadline in our NL 5x5. Would you do it? I’m in 5th and at best would finished 4th if I don’t do the trade. Gimenez looks good and will have multi position in our league for 2021. Speed is real, contact not so much. Probably the best / only trade I can make before the deadline. Owners aren’t interested in a two week rental given limited upside.

Give:
    Mookie Betts $49
    Donovan Solano $20
    Austin Slater $10

Get:
    Andres Gimenez $8
    Brian Anderson $12
    Villar (not keepable but get remaining stats)

What do you think? I could push to get Jeff McNeil at $15 (will be final year next year) instead of Anderson. Not sure he will go for that but maybe.

We keep a max of 7. Right now my likely keepers for 2021 include:
    Ronald Acuna Jr $23 contract
    Yu Darvish $19 option year
    Joey Bart $8 option year
    Trea Turner $48
    Kwang Hyun Kim $2
    Mark Melancon $9
    Bryan Reynolds $10 option year
    Willson Contreras $17 option year
    Austin Slater $10

Would be fun to root for Gimenez and if he’s .280/30SB he’s quite valuable. But he could be .230/riding the pine.

I can trade Betts in the off-season. Not sure anyone will pay up for Betts at $49, though, so may just toss him back. Inclined to do the trade but would greatly appreciate input. Thanks!

If this is the only deal you can do, I'd do it, but I am not a Gimenez believer--how many speedsters that can't hit have broken hearts over the years?. If you can get Anderson and McNeil instead of Gimenez, I'd prefer that. McNeil had a rough start to the year, but has really come on of late. He is a great hitter. Anderson is good too. I am assuming he can't do that or he will be light at 3b, but those are the top two guys I'd want back.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks sour masher. I agree on McNeil. Did not think so highly of Anderson. Will research more.

Comment

Gimenez is only 21 and could blossom. .239 xBA so far this year, so yes there is smoke and mirrors.

HQ loves his speed profile, though, so it's a mixed bag.

Anderson is 27 and boring with a .238 xBA. $12 is what he's worth - I'd keep that guy in a keeper league but not give up anything to get him.

McNeil is 28 with a .299 xBA, is a late bloomer and worth the $15 even this year - and he has a batting title in him and he's fine in OBP as well.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Ended up landing McNeil. Probably could get Gimenez in the off-season if I really want to. McNeil more bankable.

Thanks for the input everyone! Good luck with the rest of the season.

Comment

nice!

and looks to me like you have room for him.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
            X