Unofficial Week 1 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial Week 1 Thread

Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but this is the unofficial thread for Week 1, if you have anything unofficial to add.

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but this is the unofficial thread for Week 1, if you have anything unofficial to add.
    Is it Anyone's or anyones?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Supposedly, Antonio Brown was heard saying: "@#$% Roger Goodell! Roger Goodell can kiss my @#$%^&* ass! But, this hasn't been confirmed yet.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

KC Fans, stay classy!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          KC Fans, stay classy!
          Packers fans, stay cheesy!
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Speaking of the Packers, will their players still do the Lambeau leap after touchdowns at home games if there are no fans in the stands?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Speaking of the Packers, will their players still do the Lambeau leap after touchdowns at home games if there are no fans in the stands?
              I would love to see the Lambeau Leap into the cardboard fans.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Is it Anyone's or anyones?
                Depends on my mood.

Comment

you guys seem more fun

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The Bears have not won an opener since 2013.

Nagy is 4-0 against the Lions.

Something has got to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

The Browns haven't won a season opener since 2004, when they beat the Ravens, who they also play today. They tied the Steelers in the 2018 opener to end their NFL record streak of 13 straight opening day losses. The Browns since re-entering the league in 1999 are 1-19-1 in openers. And 15 of those losses have been at home, as well as the one win and the one tie. Today they are playing at Baltimore, the city which stole their first team.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        The Browns since re-entering the league in 1999 are 1-19-1 in openers.
                        That's just mindblowing. And the answer to "how do we make Week 1 survivor pool picks when we don't know how good the teams really are?" was staring us right in the face this whole time!
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

This just in: My team's bench is really good. My team's starting lineup... not so much.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

We won one!! Woo Hoo!

Comment

We won one!! Woo Hoo!
                              I'd say the Lions snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, but having watched D'Andre Swift, the Lions can't snatch anything.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X