Official 2020 Week 1 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    49ers WR Deebo Samuel (foot) is out for Week 1.
    And he was placed on Injured Reserve, which has been adjusted to 3 games this year.

Comment

Chargers WR Mike Williams (shoulder) is out for Week 1.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mike Evans is going to play, but how much is uncertain.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Just saw a post that the air quality in Santa Clara, Calif., is so bad right now they may have to cancel the SF/ARI game.

If that happens - heck if it is even a possibility - why on earth would they not just flip/flop the SF-ARI game venues, since they play twice? It's not like there was going to be a packed stadium or something. Or is that just too common sense for 2020?
          This morning the air quality index is at 170. The threshold for canceling is 200. So the game will probably proceed as planned.

As for flopping, pre-2020 they may well have done that, but last-minute travel in the COVID era is not easy to pull off.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Lions WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring) is out.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              This morning the air quality index is at 170. The threshold for canceling is 200. So the game will probably proceed as planned.

As for flopping, pre-2020 they may well have done that, but last-minute travel in the COVID era is not easy to pull off.
              ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the 49ers are "still uncertain whether RB Tevin Coleman will play today against Arizona" due to air quality concerns.

Coleman has a pre-existing heart condition that could be negatively affected by the poor air quality in the Bay Area.

So, expect more carries for Raheem Mostert if Coleman doesn't play.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jaguars WR Dede Westbrook is out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Lions RB D'Andre Swift made his NFL debut today by dropping the game-winning pass while wide-open in the end-zone. He has nowhere to go but up from here.
                  Last edited by madducks; 09-13-2020, 05:09 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Colts fear Marlon Mack tore his Achilles' in Week 1 against the Jaguars.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jaguars RB James Robinson set a new NFL record for most rushing yards (62) on opening day by an undrafted free agent.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Lions RB D'Andre Swift made his NFL debut today by dropping the game-winning pass while wide-open in the end-zone.
                        Yes, yes he did.

Comment

With 11:45 left in the game, the Cowboys could have tied the score with a 26 yard field goal. Instead they got 2 yards on 4th and 3 and went on to lose by that same score (20-17) and head coach Mike McCarthy is not making a good first impression in Dallas.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

With 11:45 left in the game, the Cowboys could have tied the score with a 26 yard field goal. Instead they got 2 yards on 4th and 3 and went on to lose by that same score (20-17) and head coach Mike McCarthy is not making a good first impression in Dallas.
                            Nah, McCarthy is fine - Dallas had an ultra conservative coach in Jason Garrett for far too long. The fan base won't mind taking some chances now and then.

Comment

I don't think the issue is going for it with 11:45 left as much as why they did not get into field goal range again in that same 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                I don't think the issue is going for it with 11:45 left as much as why they did not get into field goal range again in that same 11:45.
                                Agree. The questionable PI call didn't help, although I could see that one going either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X