Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hosmer vs Pham trade advice needed in a hurry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosmer vs Pham trade advice needed in a hurry.

NL only 5x5 OBP instead of ave. 12 teams $260 budget

I am rebuilding. The other owner is in 3rd trying to move up.

He has offered me his 17A Hosmer for my 36A Ketel Marte. I am thinking of countering Marte for his 27A Pham.

So Hosmer over Pham or sit tight on Marte?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't want Hosmer or Pham over Marte.

Comment

Just go for Hosmer and hope he figured out the launch angle key to unlocking his power. Pocket the $10 to re-invest next year.

That's my preference.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I like Ketel a lot. I think i drafted him in the 2nd round of our dynasty league. But at $34, there's no profit to be had. With Hosmer $17, at least there's room for profit.

Pham is the middle option, but i like Pham less to earn profit at $27 than Hosmer at $17.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Agree with this. Marte is only 26 with still more upside. Pham and Hosmer are 32 and 30. Still productive, but likely on the downside.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            I like Ketel a lot. I think i drafted him in the 2nd round of our dynasty league. But at $34, there's no profit to be had. With Hosmer $17, at least there's room for profit.

Pham is the middle option, but i like Pham less to earn profit at $27 than Hosmer at $17.
            I agree, price should definitely be a factor. I also don't believe the 2019 Marte power surge was totally legit. It is hard for me to say go with Hosmer, because I think he has been an overrated tease for so long, but given the price and the performance this year, I'd begrudgingly go for him and the money you save.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I agree, price should definitely be a factor. I also don't believe the 2019 Marte power surge was totally legit. It is hard for me to say go with Hosmer, because I think he has been an overrated tease for so long, but given the price and the performance this year, I'd begrudgingly go for him and the money you save.
              I like Ketel's plate discipline metrics and I think it gives him a high floor. I also like that his foot speed and minor league SB numbers give him the ability to steal bases. But i think you're right that he just made good on the 2019 juiced ball and the power is likely more around the 20 HR range than 30+. He also refuses to steal bases, which pisses me off.

Comment

I'd take Pham and $9 over KMarte in a vacuum, but that also depends on the keepers you have already. Pham is good for 10-15 SBs more per 162 game year than KMarte right now, and isn't dogmeat in the power categories either. Those SBs are pretty valuable if you're lacking in speed. His injury history and age definitely increase the risk factor on Pham, though.

Hosmer's been putting up impressive numbers so far in 2020, but I just don't believe.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks to all who replied. Good stuff.

Comment

Marte surprisingly went on the IL tonight, so combined that with the D'Backs stinking, that has the potential to be a season-ender.

Comment

Marte surprisingly went on the IL tonight, so combined that with the D'Backs stinking, that has the potential to be a season-ender.
                      Thank you. I told him Marte is hurt and hit reject on the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Thank you. I told him Marte is hurt and hit reject on the trade.
                        Good thing you weren't in a hurry.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

He came back and offered me Hosmer for Eflin 7B.

I accepted.

Trading deadline is Saturday so what the heck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            He came back and offered me Hosmer for Eflin 7B.

I accepted.

Trading deadline is Saturday so what the heck.
                            I think it was the right call. Efflin looks great, and I have long thought he had the talent to be better than he has shown, but then again, that belief led me to trade for him after a fast start last year and he reverted back to a pumpkin. Maybe that is all he is.

Comment

Working...
                            X