No announcement yet.

2K20 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume none of these are one-month rentals?

because the odds of any team winning the WS this year are almost cut in half by that stupid 3-game new first round.

dollars to doughnuts that one of the NL bottom-feeders knocks off a "going for it" top team in that random drawing (Padres are the last of the NL top 4 in jeopardy)
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

rumours that the Jays are in on Clevinger as well
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Padres are in on every single rumor. Must be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          I assume none of these are one-month rentals?
          So far, that's correct. Even Lance Lynn has one more year on his contract at roughly $8MM for 2021.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            rumours that the Jays are in on Clevinger as well
            There aren't many teams who shouldn't be. I guess he fits in best on a young core like the Padres, Jays or White Sox, but he could even be the foundation of the rebuild in Boston or the Mike Trout home stretch in Anaheim.

I'd love to see the Jays make a push by trading some of their catching depth in Alejandro Kirk, Gabriel Moreno, Riley Adams, Philip Clarke or Victor Mesia. I didn't know they had this many catching prospects. I'm sure they will try to move one to get another starter and veteran IF today.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Padres apparently got Clevinger
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Padres apparently got Clevinger
                Giving up a haul - Josh Naylor, Cal Quantril, Gabriel Arias, Austin Hedges and a few more prospects. But, Clevinger is a stud and under control for 2 more years. They've given up a lot in the last few days but not necessarily impactful players (Arias and Quantril hurt most IMO) and most of the return isn't just rentals.

Comment

Mike Minor moves to the A's. This one is truly a rental and the return looks like 2 players not on the 60.

Comment

Mike Minor to OAK. No details yet.

Side note: is OAK even playing this week?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      Mike Minor to OAK. No details yet.

Side note: is OAK even playing this week?
                      Yeah, that was discussed in another thread, they are likely playing all week.

Comment

Robbie Ray to the Blue Jays

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          robbie ray to the blue jays
                          woot!

edit: I didn't realize what a bad year he was having ... well, I still think it's a good move, sounds like it didn't cost much (LHP Travis Bergen, 26 yr old A level pitcher)
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            woot!

edit: I didn't realize what a bad year he was having ... well, I still think it's a good move, sounds like it didn't cost much (LHP Travis Bergen, 26 yr old A level pitcher)
                            yeah Robbie Ray in the AL East doesnt exactly inspire confidence...but at least no more Colorado for him!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Robbie Ray to the Blue Jays
                              Did the Yankees send cash considerations?
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                yeah Robbie Ray in the AL East doesnt exactly inspire confidence...but at least no more Colorado for him!
                                his job will be to come into the 10th inning with a man on second & strike one of the first two guys out - the other will have walked setting up a double play for the next pitcher coming into the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X