2K20 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20 Trade Deadline

First hit is a nice one for us north of the border ... Taijuan Walker to the Jays for a PTBNL (not someone on the 60-man)

it's nice to be buyers again
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    First hit is a nice one for us north of the border ... Taijuan Walker to the Jays for a PTBNL (not someone on the 60-man)

it's nice to be buyers again
    Hmmm, he was supposed to start today VS the Padres. Guess it's bullpen time
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The Rays acquired OF Brett Phillips from the Royals for SS Lucius Fox.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Cubs acquire 1B/OF/DH Jose Martinez from the Rays for two players to be named later.

Braves acquire SP Tommy Milone from the Orioles for two players to be named later.

Padres acquire 1B Mitch Moreland from the Red Sox for OF Jeisson Rosario and 3B Hudson Potts.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rockies acquire RP Mychal Givens from the Orioles for SS Terrin Vavra, INF Tyler Nevin and a player to be named later.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

That's not a bad get for the Red Sox for a Moreland rental. Those are both top-20 prospects in the Pads system, if GITH has properly trained me.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Angels trade Jason Castro to the Padres

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                That's not a bad get for the Red Sox for a Moreland rental. Those are both top-20 prospects in the Pads system, if GITH has properly trained me.
                They are, but Potts had no path to playing time with Machado signed for 10 years
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  They are, but Potts had no path to playing time with Machado signed for 10 years
                  Agree - Moreland's hitting well right now, and he's likely going to help the Pads. I just wanted to show off some of that prospect knowledge you taught me.

PS - Hope you sent someone good for Jason Castro. I get to claim them in my AL only league.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Agree - Moreland's hitting well right now, and he's likely going to help the Pads. I just wanted to show off some of that prospect knowledge you taught me.
                    Appreciated lol, now if you could just teach me the best way to drag someone out of their car--I got the SUV drag down.........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/sta...364336640?s=20

Sounds like the Pads may have Clevinger too.

Oh and maybe Austin Nola too...lol

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...756661763?s=20

Comment

Bob Nightengale
                        @BNightengale
                        ·
                        1h
                        Cleveland is definitely trading Mike Clevinger by tomorrow's deadline, but it's still unknown where he's going, with teams still upping their offers. They have requested players physicals from at least two teams, but NOT the #Padres, who appear no longer to be the favorites.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                          https://twitter.com/BNightengale/sta...364336640?s=20

Sounds like the Pads may have Clevinger too.

Oh and maybe Austin Nola too...lol

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...756661763?s=20
                          Oddly enough, the Twins are now supposedly in the mix for Clevenger...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

all over the place news but looks like big trade with Padres and Mariners. Trammel going to Mariners along with Ty France for Austin Nola, Austin Adams. The Mariners are going to be sick in the OF really soon

Side note - as owners of Trammel, Nola and Adams in NL/AL only leagues I don’t love this trade..

Comment

Nola, A Adams and Altavilla for Trammell, France, Torrens and Munoz

BTW Pads said to be in on both Lynn and Clevinger as well as Gallo.

Gotta love Preller.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X