• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protest Postponed Games

Brewers/Reds

Giants/Dodgers

Padres/Mariners
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

MLB really blew this big time, unsurprisingly enough.

They should have just postponed every game yesterday out of respect instead of teams voting on it or black players sitting out in a piecemeal approach, and then get back to business today.

But today, three more games are postponed due to team votes and various other players are sitting out.

Bad job by MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      MLB really blew this big time, unsurprisingly enough.

They should have just postponed every game yesterday out of respect instead of teams voting on it or black players sitting out in a piecemeal approach, and then get back to business today.

But today, three more games are postponed due to team votes and various other players are sitting out.

Bad job by MLB.
      But are you surprised? MLB is “all about the benjamins” no? They are selling faux Americana after 9/11, selling StandUp2Cancer, selling every cynical last thing they can — while destroying their product (cut the minors) and wiping out future generations of fans/customers (TV blackouts).

Comment

Betts seems trully moved that his new team had his back. He said he will cherish and remember it forever. Read an article contrasting it with his old team. Apparantly, only the manager and back up catcher had anything at all to say to Jackie Bradley, the only AA on the team about it all.

Comment

The Red Sox were the last MLB team to integrate, in 1959 - three years after Jackie Robinson retired.

the Yankees and the Phillies weren't much better in that era.

all of my grandparents came from Ireland, and I have been everywhere, man - as the song goes.

had an African-American colleague almost 30 years ago who told me he had worked in Dallas and Washington, DC and felt comfortable there.

Boston? not so much.

not a point of pride for me, but that's my experience.

tough, because my parents got married in 1946 and set up shop in Brooklyn.

a year later, Jackie comes along and he was welcomed in the borough.

not 100 percent, but damn close, considering.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
          X