Peaceful Protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    It's a very, I'm tired of taking the high road only to get run over or killed by people who make it clear they don't care about the rules of engagement, kind of thing to say.
    Leos already kill POC who are not armed, and you really think it is a good idea to go armed as a POC to protests surrounded by nervous LEOs and militia groups there to aid the boys in blue and itching for a fight? The outcomes to such escalation would be worse, not better for all involved. Tensions are high for everyone during protests. People go right up to the edge or aggression and sometimes cross it. Everyone being armed will just lead to more deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Leos already kill POC who are not armed, and you really think it is a good idea to go armed as a POC to protests surrounded by nervous LEOs and militia groups there to aid the boys in blue and itching for a fight? The outcomes to such escalation would be worse, not better for all involved. Tensions are high for everyone during protests. People go right up to the edge or aggression and sometimes cross it. Everyone being armed will just lead to more deaths.
      Have you been following the armed black militia and what happens when they show up at a protest, nothing happens.

Because the Leo's and white militia only act out against unarmed people. They are cowards. Sure there might be some back n forth between the factions, but as I've said before.

I'm not a turn the other cheek kinda guy
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

POC carrying weapons in solo walks and rides wont help, would likely result in more killings. But this is out of control with how free LEO feels they can treat people of dark skin like disposable flesh bags. I dont know how this will resolve other than we are 50 days from a definitive line in sand that will be fractured regardless of results of election.

Of great concern to me is the 2 worlds aspect, of white people just dismissing the reason for the protests, of instantly making the snide comments to BLM, of not getting this is a unique time in our history boiling over to flash point. Even on these boards, how many times have we seen the dismissive characterization, of every election of my long lifetime has been filled with talk of how this one is different, special, unique in history. The discordant nature of majority of the trump supporter not having a clue as to why protests were something that had to happen, and how serious this time in our history. I am for sure unsettled, this is not like every election of your lifetime, and there will be a clear enough break in well less than 2 months that we will all mark our calendars as before, and after a significant date.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
          POC carrying weapons in solo walks and rides wont help, would likely result in more killings. But this is out of control with how free LEO feels they can treat people of dark skin like disposable flesh bags. I dont know how this will resolve other than we are 50 days from a definitive line in sand that will be fractured regardless of results of election.

Of great concern to me is the 2 worlds aspect, of white people just dismissing the reason for the protests, of instantly making the snide comments to BLM, of not getting this is a unique time in our history boiling over to flash point. Even on these boards, how many times have we seen the dismissive characterization, of every election of my long lifetime has been filled with talk of how this one is different, special, unique in history. The discordant nature of majority of the trump supporter not having a clue as to why protests were something that had to happen, and how serious this time in our history. I am for sure unsettled, this is not like every election of your lifetime, and there will be a clear enough break in well less than 2 months that we will all mark our calendars as before, and after a significant date.
          You are just a kinder person than I--If someone tried to drive over me at a protest, which should be my choice--get run over and HOPE they'll be brought to justice or hope the AR-15 slung over my shoulder makes the guy think twice about it and should he go through with it, I then can fire into the vehicle in self defense. Which might make OTHER idiots think twice about doing it in the future. Even if it doesn't--I've defended myself and my 1st amendment rights.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You are just a kinder person than I--If someone tried to drive over me at a protest, which should be my choice--get run over and HOPE they'll be brought to justice or hope the AR-15 slung over my shoulder makes the guy think twice about it and should he go through with it, I then can fire into the vehicle in self defense. Which might make OTHER idiots think twice about doing it in the future. Even if it doesn't--I've defended myself and my 1st amendment rights.
            In order for you to do that legally where you live, what would that look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              In order for you to do that legally where you live, what would that look like?
              It's pretty simple, in CA you can get a concealed Carry for protection. In CA, vehicles must STOP at crosswalks, cannot cross through them until there are NO pedestrians because it's dangerous and life threatening. Trying to #1 enter a crosswalk with your vehicle when it's already occupied by a pedestrian #2 Using your vehicle as a deadly weapon can Both be taken as a threat upon your person and in that case, responding in ANY manner would be considered self defense.

So you try and run me over with your car I can shoot you.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It's pretty simple, in CA you can get a concealed Carry for protection. In CA, vehicles must STOP at crosswalks, cannot cross through them until there are NO pedestrians because it's dangerous and life threatening. Trying to #1 enter a crosswalk with your vehicle when it's already occupied by a pedestrian #2 Using your vehicle as a deadly weapon can Both be taken as a threat upon your person and in that case, responding in ANY manner would be considered self defense.

drivers ignore people in crosswalks out here 100x more often than they do back east. You could shoot nearly anyone.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  drivers ignore people in crosswalks out here 100x more often than they do back east. You could shoot nearly anyone.
                  Agreed.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

And if you intentionally walk slow in the crosswalk to show me you are big dog, can I bump you a little with my car?

Comment

And if you intentionally walk slow in the crosswalk to show me you are big dog, can I bump you a little with my car?
                      Meybe, how much money do you have?

PS. It's Big DOIG thank you very much.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Meybe, how much money do you have?

PS. It's Big DOIG thank you very much.
                        I am in a good mood so how about $11 dollars worth?

Comment

I am in a good mood so how about $11 dollars worth?
                          11 bucks and a beer will get you a real close drive by and you can even glare at me, but no contact--cuz--Covid ya know...........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well guys, it's now open season on BLM protestors and the like. Trump, the law Enforcement community, Gun advocates, Militia and CHRIISTIANS have all come to the Kenosha Kids defense with verbal support and money, hell even the lawyers who have worked for Trump and Rudy are reportedly getting involved in his defense. NOW, these Militia fucksticks can shoot anyone they want as long as they're on the "Other" side.
                            WTF!

Kyle Rittenhouse was released Friday afternoon after the $2 million bail was posted through his attorney.

Attorney Lin Wood said in a tweet on Friday that Mike Lindell, CEO of My Pillow, Inc., and actor Ricky Schroder helped raise the "required $2M cash bail" for Rittenhouse.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              WTF!

Kyle Rittenhouse was released Friday afternoon after the $2 million bail was posted through his attorney.

Attorney Lin Wood said in a tweet on Friday that Mike Lindell, CEO of My Pillow, Inc., and actor Ricky Schroder helped raise the "required $2M cash bail" for Rittenhouse.
                              Right wingers believe an attack with a skateboard after you've murdered someone and refuse to disarm is worth murdering a 2nd person, and the two murders cancel each other out, free to go. You passed the test, you're an American hero.

George Zimmerman is free, so this was my expectation, not surprised in the slightest. The way these murderers get big payouts from the right wing, terrorists elevated to be platformed at the RNC, that shit is even more disgusting than the fact they refuse to lock them up.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                              X