As Seen on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Correct which is why most recipes suggest allowing meat to stand for 10 ins after you take it out of the oven/off the grill
    I was taught that the resting was to keep the juices in.

Resting the meat would still cook as the temp went down. FS is saying the temperature continues to rise and cook not fall and cook.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I was taught that the resting was to keep the juices in.

Resting meat the would still cook as the temp went down. FS is saying the temperature continues to rise and cook not fall and cook.
      It does rise initially but briefly, then falls as you stated and continues to cook and yes, the juices need to distribute evenly, which also happens on the cool down.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        It does rise initially but briefly, then falls as you stated and continues to cook and yes, the juices need to distribute evenly, which also happens on the cool down.
        Thanks.

I understand the idea of heat transfer, just not with meat. I believe you both and will take that into consideration next roast. Just hard for me to wrap my head around the heat rising when it is off the heat.

Comment

Thanks.

I understand the idea of heat transfer, just not with meat. I believe you both and will take that into consideration next roast. Just hard for me to wrap my head around the heat rising when it is off the heat.
          Overall the roast temperature will drop when the roast is no longer in the oven, but the coldest part in the center (where you should have the thermometer) will rise as the outer portions cool. maybe that makes more sense
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Overall the roast temperature will drop when the roast is no longer in the oven, but the coldest part in the center (where you should have the thermometer) will rise as the outer portions cool. maybe that makes more sense
            you know what you can do to avoid this? SOUS-VIDE that steak!
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              I almost said this earlier ! I knew what you were thinking.
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                That is going the wrong way (in my world).

Comment

Do you ever buy anything on the infomercials? If so what and did it turn out good or bad?

I think I posted this awhile ago, but could not find it. We bought a Ninja Coffee Maker. It turned out better than we expected. It is still working well today. If it ever breaks I would want to buy another one.

I got up early today and hooked into the cheesy Nuwave Bravo XL infomercial. It is a Smart Oven Air Fryer. 4.8 out of 5 stars 49k reviews. I showed Mrs. Gregg the video. She promptly ordered one.

I will let you know how it turns out.

In the meantime anyone have any stories to share?
                  We will be coming up on two years since I posted this.

The Ninja is still working great. I use it every day. Two more years and still going strong.

Comment

Working...
                  X