No announcement yet.

Are you more careful or less...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both the wife and I are vaxxed for more than 2 weeks. We still mask in public, though I've switched out my old mask for a gaiter--I use it whenever I leave the house and will for the foreseeable future. I just pull it up when folks are near and we still distance. Cali is still mandated n most places and will be for about 2 more weeks barring a surge. I hope to attend a Padre game soon as the occupancy is returning to 100% mid month, not sure how I'll feel being that close to strangers. It truly is a new experience.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      How about now?
      Pennsylvania still has a mask mandate, although most stores are using the honor system to allow unmasked folks if you've been vaxxed. That said, the wife and I still wear the masks even though we're both vaxxed, and she insists on the hand sanitizer as well.

Comment

I have had the covid and been vaxxed. I carry a mask around and if I get in a crowded situation I put it on. I did wear it at work for the first week but now do not unless it gets crowded . Still don’t go out much so I would say still play it fairly safe. Did attend my grandson graduation- it was outdoors and you had a row between you that was empty. Tickets were limited to 5 per family.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Both the wife and I are vaxxed for more than 2 weeks. We still mask in public, though I've switched out my old mask for a gaiter--I use it whenever I leave the house and will for the foreseeable future. I just pull it up when folks are near and we still distance. Cali is still mandated n most places and will be for about 2 more weeks barring a surge. I hope to attend a Padre game soon as the occupancy is returning to 100% mid month, not sure how I'll feel being that close to strangers. It truly is a new experience.
          Your only risk is close contact with conservatives.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Here is an article on this subject detailing what some infectious disease experts are doing. The short of it is they are still wearing masks in mixed company, especially if they have unvaxxed kids at home or may be around any unvaxxed or immune compromised people, but are cool with no mask if they are in fully vaccinated company, indoors or out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sh...kEy?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Your only risk is close contact with conservatives.
              I've learned that if you keep them distracted with beer and burgers, they can be most agreeable!
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                I've learned that if you keep them distracted with beer and burgers, they can be most agreeable!
                Just in case you caught the conservativism virus, I'd recommend drowning it in Ballast Point. You just can't be too safe, y'know?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Just in case you caught the conservativism virus, I'd recommend drowning it in Ballast Point. You just can't be too safe, y'know?
                  I take my evening inoculations of Woodford double oaked and a cohiba....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Our local Walmart and Menards have posted a sign that says if you have been vaccinated masks are optional. It was very weird to walk around with no mask. They still recommend 6ft distancing.

Comment

Our local Walmart and Menards have posted a sign that says if you have been vaccinated masks are optional. It was very weird to walk around with no mask. They still recommend 6ft distancing.
                      Even before Covid, I liked most people to say 6 feet away from me.
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                        and I was walking around a CVS the other day thinking... "I don't think I need to be in a CVS without a mask ever again."

I think I'm going to pack my mask away somewhere and bust it out any time I have a cold or whatever like they do in Japan. Seems like a decent idea all around.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          and I was walking around a CVS the other day thinking... "I don't think I need to be in a CVS without a mask ever again."

I think I'm going to pack my mask away somewhere and bust it out any time I have a cold or whatever like they do in Japan. Seems like a decent idea all around.
                          Yeah, seems like the decent thing to do. We probably should have always done it as a courtesy, at least when coughing and sneezing a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            Curmudgeon or afraid of germs?

Comment

we're talking about steve here... Germs are afraid of him!
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Some from column A and some from column B
                                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X