Are you more careful or less...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I would say I'm being a bit less to be honest. Although I'm always masked, I do go out in public more. And I have been wearing a mask at all times in public since March. But we did go on vacation last month and that was a risk I likely wouldn't have taken five months ago. But it's hard to say because the fatigue factor has to be considered as well.

So many buts in that response, which highlights how difficult it is to answer your question.
    This is probably me as well. Or maybe I just feel less careful because some things are becoming regular where they use to be conscious efforts. I step away from people, I use hand sanitizer whenever I see it, just stay in a lot. Before it was active avoidance, now a lot of the same things that I was doing then just feel like dealing with it and come naturally.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      My quick caution test.

How many times have you used a bathroom that is not in your home?
      has anyone that doesn't live in your home used the bathroom in your home?
      I've been doordashing the whole time, so I use urinals in places at least once a week. Just wash my hands, and think about what I'm touching pre-wash vs after-wash.

I've had zero people in my house out side of RJEL girl and I since this started.

I wasn't using masks while doordashing early on. I got called a pussy by a customer when I was an early adopter. Now nearly all dashers I see have them on. At some point DD offered No-contact delivery... then they defaulted to it. Now more and more people are choosing "Hand it to me" as their option. I always read it as "Fuck you, I don't give a shit about your health" but I do as asked.

Comment

I’m like DMT - I go places a little more but my new norm is ALWAYS a mask and I wash my hands all the time . Unfortunately I am a essential worker in my semi- retirement job so I work in the germ factory of the US right now until schools start back up. I have visited my 80 plus parents of late after going 2 months with no contact. But I haven’t been able to touch my 1 year old granddaughter since the virus hit. Outside of a funeral for a buddy of mine( it was held outside) and the parents - the only danger I really do is work. No one comes over to my house except to drop things off or pick up Lysol / Clorox products that I find at work. I have remained sick free since the virus hit. Which to be honest I am kind of surprised by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Masks and gloves urinal yes, no #2 at all.

No one for the second question.
          Unless you are switching out gloves constantly they are kind of useless.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
            I do switch them out constantly and I do not touch my face. I also use hand sanitizer after I take my gloves off.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
              yeah, I've seen dashers with gloves, but there's no way I'm going to be changing them that constantly. I just use a ton of hand sanitizer.

On another note... the soup kitchen I volunteer at (ITC, help me with a better term) was closed for a number of months. It's open again and I'm back to volunteering, but they have gone to us making bagged meals for people instead of serving a sit-down meal. I prep the main course and my mom and another woman from her church assemble the bags for people. Then they just hand them out at the door. I'm doing penne with ham and peas with alfredo sauce this month. They also get a bagged snack and dessert, a piece of fruit and a bottled water in their bags.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                I've been doordashing the whole time, so I use urinals in places at least once a week just to wash my hands.
                You do what in the urinal?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  You do what in the urinal?
                  I think that he does a Moises Alou...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    I think that he does a Moises Alou...
                    I need all the luck I can get for good tips

Comment

I think I've been pretty consistent since about April, mask in public, hand sani regularly ... maybe I've eased up a bit on the proper hand washing but overall pretty much the same. What is different is that I'm out more, in stores & getting take out, have eaten out (patios) several times over the past couple of weeks.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        yeah, I've seen dashers with gloves, but there's no way I'm going to be changing them that constantly. I just use a ton of hand sanitizer.

On another note... the soup kitchen I volunteer at (ITC, help me with a better term) was closed for a number of months. It's open again and I'm back to volunteering, but they have gone to us making bagged meals for people instead of serving a sit-down meal. I prep the main course and my mom and another woman from her church assemble the bags for people. Then they just hand them out at the door. I'm doing penne with ham and peas with alfredo sauce this month. They also get a bagged snack and dessert, a piece of fruit and a bottled water in their bags.
                        Soup Kitchen is still used, but Loaves & Fishes is "the brand" here in MN. Lots of places for people to find a meal. Communal Meals might be the best term, as sometimes, people come more for the companionship then the food.

As for my actions, I'm probably a little looser than five months ago. Took a couple of days to get out of town and wouldn't have thought about that months ago.

Masks and handwashing.

Work has been super busy as the need for seniors receiving meals at home doesn't seem to stop. We've been asked to expand our services, and we have some interesting opportunities that are exciting if we can get the grant money to accomplish it.

I have great concern for what will be coming in the late fall and winter months.
                        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                          ... I have great concern for what will be coming in the late fall and winter months.
                          Agreed. I think that this late fall-winter is going to be a repeat of March-April - everyone stay inside, work from home where possible, & minimize any socializing.
                          I'll be topping up my freezer, and loading up on the to-watch movie list.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            Agreed. I think that this late fall-winter is going to be a repeat of March-April - everyone stay inside, work from home where possible, & minimize any socializing.
                            I'll be topping up my freezer, and loading up on the to-watch movie list.
                            I've been doing this since mid March almost 7 months now--Always wearing Masks when going out and have sanitizer in the car. Washing hands a lot. We've had ONE visitor to our house in that time ( a friend bringing a Beer basket) But they were masked and were only there to drop off. I shop 2 times a week, but do all the recommended things--Mask, S Distance and sanitize. We've eaten out a few times, always open air distanced places (easier to do in San Diego I suppose) We HAVE gotten out since the stay at home was lifted, we take drives up the coast or to the mountains and there are many local hiking trails we've started to explore. We went to La Mision ( a small baja beach town between Rosarito and Ensenada) It was secluded and we had no issues as everyone was masking etc., BUT we went to visit my girls in Vegas and What a difference--the Off Strip places were ALL doing the social distancing thing right, BUT the Strip places were half assing it and it was Packed! the Pool was packed with non maskers, the elevators were supposed to be 4 only and masked--didn't happen and it was crowded, so we left 2 days early and then quarantined for 14 days--the stress spent worrying about shit just wasn't worth it. Now we're just back to kicking it at home, staying ahead of the finances and trying new recipes. I'm preping for the stay at home orders which will no doubt come right before the election--cuz you know--2020.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

How about now...now...how about now?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                How about now...now...how about now?
                                Even more careful.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X