No announcement yet.

Santander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless the guy you’re dealing with has a man crush on Nolan Jones, I can’t imagine how he’d fetch you a better pitcher than Santander could in a 1-1 deal. And Myers isnt that much of a downgrade compared to Avisail.

That said, no way I deal Santander right now for Avisail and Jones.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      He’s hitting the ball harder, striking out less and his BABIP is below career norms. I agree that there’s real upside.

All that said, knowing Sour Masher, he’ll use his Sith trading powers and get JD Martinez for him.
      LOL, you must have ESP. The guy with JD Martinez just announced he is selling, and guess who he has interest in. I don't think it ends up as a 1 for 1 deal, if I make one, as I want some of his pitching too, but is it safe to assume the limits of the Santander hype train has reached its final destination if I could theoretically land JD Martinez for him? Santander is $3 and JD is not a keeper, but still, no brainer, right, even in a short season?

Comment

Yes. Yes. Yes. You gotta get JD if you can.

I’m gonna laugh really hard if you can get jD for him as the key piece in a deal

Comment

I’m gonna laugh really hard if you can get jD for him as the key piece in a deal
          If I do, which I might, I'm coming to you for lottery numbers.

Comment

It's funny, anyone who had him last year probably sees the exact same guy. Looking back through last year's games, he was hot around the same time period

2019: Jul 17 to Aug 13, 26 games .349/.371/.642 7 HR 16 R 19 RBI
            2020: July 24 to Aug 17, 23 games .298/.333/.702 9 HR 20 R 25 RBI

I liked him last year and saw growth. I loved the price he was going at this year and got him in more than half my leagues. But he doesn't look like he's overperforming to me. .257 BABIP will probably come up a bit. .306 xAVG. .582 xSLG

.381 wOBA vs a .382 xwOBA. Good launch angle. Crushed a 113 mph exit velo ball already this year.

He just profiles as a damn good power hitter. Nothing that I see a ton of regression in. He's not going to hit 45 HR, but this output that we are seeing now isn't out of nowhere and the stats support it. I like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              It's funny, anyone who had him last year probably sees the exact same guy. Looking back through last year's games, he was hot around the same time period

2019: Jul 17 to Aug 13, 26 games .349/.371/.642 7 HR 16 R 19 RBI
              2020: July 24 to Aug 17, 23 games .298/.333/.702 9 HR 20 R 25 RBI

I liked him last year and saw growth. I loved the price he was going at this year and got him in more than half my leagues. But he doesn't look like he's overperforming to me. .257 BABIP will probably come up a bit. .306 xAVG. .582 xSLG

.381 wOBA vs a .382 xwOBA. Good launch angle. Crushed a 113 mph exit velo ball already this year.

He just profiles as a damn good power hitter. Nothing that I see a ton of regression in. He's not going to hit 45 HR, but this output that we are seeing now isn't out of nowhere and the stats support it. I like him.
              In our Only 5x5 he was kept at $8. He did not get a raise so he will be back in the auction next year.

Comment

He’s hitting the ball harder, striking out less and his BABIP is below career norms. I agree that there’s real upside.

All that said, knowing Sour Masher, he’ll use his Sith trading powers and get JD Martinez for him.
                Chance predicted Wick as closer, the Max Fried breakout and now this. I’m reserving his time now, when it comes to my auction next year.
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                  Chance predicted Wick as closer, the Max Fried breakout and now this. I’m reserving his time now, when it comes to my auction next year.
                  Thanks for the kudos! High praise from a roto veteran like you!

Comment

Thanks for the kudos! High praise from a roto veteran like you!
                    He's just looking for Rep Points.............PS You have mail.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      He's just looking for Rep Points.............PS You have mail.
                      Thanks. Replies sent. We came to the same conclusion, but comments on my thoughts welcome.

Comment

I'm afraid the JD Martinez deal feel through....so I ended up with Trout instead .

I couldn't get what I wanted directly, so I had to convert my major leaguers to minor leaguers first. I ended up trading Santander, Myers, and Gausman for 4 prospects (morejon, skubal, nolan jones, vidal brujan) that I then flipped for Trout, Jansen, and Rich Hill (who I hope at least breaks even with Gausman). I also got Josiah Gray in the deals, who I prefer to Morejon.
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-29-2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X