the thing that bothers me most about dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the thing that bothers me most about dreams

I am pretty good at controlling my dreams when I sleep. lucid dreaming. yet most of the time it's about douchebags I used to work for at a gas station, or never having made it out of the 9th grade and I dream of going to school and being popular and successful. and I wake up and it was a reality out of place. I never got to be some 51 year old guy that went back to high school and played defensive end on the football team, pushing 16 year olds around.

people think what you do in this life affects your afterlife. but in this reality what you do in your past life affects your dreams. whether you perceive yourself as a winner or loser. there's a limit to controlling your dreams. and my biggest regret in real life is associating with douchebags. because now it is affecting my dreams. and my sleep. our so-called peace.
    Last edited by ; 08-19-2020, 01:52 PM.

I love dreaming. I don't care what it is about.

I either don't dream as much or I don't remember them as much. Not sure what science says about that.

You mention controlling your dreams. How do you do that?

I go to sleep very quickly (certainly within a minute probably closer to 30 seconds). I have tried many times over the years to think about what I would like to dream about and have never been successful. I have never dreamed what I went to bed thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      It's called lucid dreaming, and it's awesome. Once you determine that you're dreaming, just will whatever you want. Superpowers galore. I've flown into space, survived explosions, transformed myself and others into different beings, experienced death, wild stuff.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I love dreaming. I don't care what it is about.

I either don't dream as much or I don't remember them as much. Not sure what science says about that.

I go to sleep very quickly (certainly within a minute probably closer to 30 seconds). I have tried many times over the years to think about what I would like to dream about and have never been successful. I have never dreamed what I went to bed thinking about.
        Possible one hit wonder ?

---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I've had this terrible nightmare since 2016 that Donald Trump is President.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
            I've had this terrible nightmare since 2016 that Donald Trump is President.
            Obviously NOT lucid.........
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
            X