Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m tired of unwritten rules and over sensitivity in baseball!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m tired of unwritten rules and over sensitivity in baseball!

So the Rangers are mad at Tatis Jr. for hitting a grand slam on a 3-0 pitch, when the Padres were up by seven runs. https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...245038780.html. It’s not up to Tatis to help your pitcher get his control back by not swinging at 92 MPH fastballs with the bases loaded. It’s also not up to the Padres to stop scoring and risk the Rangers making a late comeback. Some of these unwritten rules, and the sensitivity to them is just plain ridiculous.
    2021 Auction Anatomy
    2021 Keeper Decisions
    2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
    So the Rangers are mad at Tatis Jr. for hitting a grand slam on a 3-0 pitch, when the Padres were up by seven runs. https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...245038780.html. It’s not up to Tatis to help your pitcher get his control back by not swinging at 92 MPH fastballs with the bases loaded. It’s also not up to the Padres to stop scoring and risk the Rangers making a late comeback. Some of these unwritten rules, and the sensitivity to them is just plain ridiculous.
    Agreed.

Plus, if salary and bonus are determined by performance it is probably best to take every opportunity to perform.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
      LOL, agree completely. And then your next pitcher is so bad, he can't even hit Manny Machado.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

As a Rangers fan, I couldn't agree more.

Comment

What makes it even worse is that Tingler, the Padres manager, threw Tatis under the bus and agreed that he shouldn't have done that. What a joke - stand by your player!

Comment

Another unwritten rule is that "there's no crying in baseball". Maybe Woodward should rethink his career choice if he feels the need to scold the opposing team after the game for scoring too many runs.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

B-o-o h-o-o
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Aren’t they trying to bring in more younger fans? This kind of attitude won’t help.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  What makes it even worse is that Tingler, the Padres manager, threw Tatis under the bus and agreed that he shouldn't have done that. What a joke - stand by your player!
                  I agree, I get that he was a Ranger coach last year and he did give tatis the take sign (Fernando said he missed it) but I've seen 6-7 run comebacks vs the Padres pen this year--so fuck em. Tatis gets hit his first AB tonight, steals 2nd and 3rd and Padres get a quick run in the first.........
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

[QUOTE=GwynnInTheHall;384301 Tatis gets hit his first AB tonight, steals 2nd and 3rd and Padres get a quick run in the first.........[/QUOTE]

Damn I was wrong, just a single and scores on Myers Slam Maybe he should have taken that pitch instead of show9ing off............
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

A real shame that there are no fans in the stands now.

Would be the greatest thing ever to see and hear the Padres fans boo Tingler and Hosmer right out of the stadium and right out of the organization.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          I was thinking about making a dump trade to get him. But now I am not so sure I want a guy who apologizes for doing well. I did not watch this clip as I do not care.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            I was thinking about making a dump trade to get him. But now I am not so sure I want a guy who apologizes for doing well. I did not watch this clip as I do not care.
                            Not sure if serious?

You followed this and that was your takeaway?

Comment

If some people are so bothered about one team running up the score, why not institute a "mercy rule", like they have in youth baseball, international baseball competitions or sometimes in college? Then the rule would be written and the uncertainty removed, It would also end the silly, if often entertaining, practice of using position players as pitchers. Also, it would descrease the length of games. If people dont like that, then just play the game to win no matter the score and stop all this nonsense about "unwritten rules", which arguably are just "political correctness" for baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X