Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m tired of unwritten rules and over sensitivity in baseball!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Rangers were 10-10 when they called a WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-mublance on Tatis.

3-16 since.

maybe they misread the unwritten rule
    It's was actually the 17th, when the Pads beat them 14-4 Padres have gone 14-5 since then and hit 5 Slams in 6 games with 4 in a row Vs the Rangers. With a +55 Run differential, snapped their 7 game losing streak with that slam.

Thanks Rangers!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      What is really ironic is the fact Woodard complained about this when he's seen congratulating Machado (when they were both on the Dodgers) after manny hits a 3-0 HR with a 6 run lead AND Woodard's ONLY Grand slam was hit while his team was leading 6-0.

Cast No Stones.......
      Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Rangers were 10-10 when they called a WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-mublance on Tatis.

3-16 since.

maybe they misread the unwritten rule
      Sometimes people wind up getting what they deserve, and the stones they throw break their own glass house...
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

And the Padres are at it again, Grisham apparently takes too long to start running after his HR off Kershaw.

They say because Clayton is who he is, you can't enjoy or celebrate taking him deep.

I guess next time, Grisham should go to the mound and apologize to him.

Little bitches, you don't like getting taken deep try pitching better
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Little bitches, you don't like getting taken deep try pitching better
          “As a player, you have an idea what’s right and what’s wrong,” says San Diego Padres closer Kirby Yates. “There are certain times where you go overboard and some people are going to take offense, but I think everybody understands where the lines are.”

-Kirby Yates 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            “As a player, you have an idea what’s right and what’s wrong,” says San Diego Padres closer Kirby Yates. “There are certain times where you go overboard and some people are going to take offense, but I think everybody understands where the lines are.”

-Kirby Yates 2019
            And?.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

And?.
              It's ridiculous and not limited to any one team clearly. Your examples seem to always include the Padres as the ones being hurt by the "unwritten rules" (which makes sense considering you watch their games), but in reality it's all of them.

As stated in the quote, according to Yates, this shouldn't be a big deal because everyone understands the unwritten rules, right... ? Eye roll.

I'm right there with you on it being silly, but sadly it's throughout MLB.

Comment

It's ridiculous and not limited to any one team clearly. Your examples seem to always include the Padres as the ones being hurt by the "unwritten rules" (which makes sense considering you watch their games), but in reality it's all of them.

As stated in the quote, according to Yates, this shouldn't be a big deal because everyone understands the unwritten rules, right... ? Eye roll.

I'm right there with you on it being silly, but sadly it's throughout MLB.
                I'm not saying the Padres are being "Hurt" at all, I'm saying they seem to have been running into a lot of incidences where they violate said rules this season. I'm saying, like you, they're silly/stupid/outdated. I mention the Padres because that's the team I follow and don't really get any stories/anecdotes relating to other teams. And citing a player from that might agree with those rules means, what? Yates might ascribe to them, heck even Tingler apologized in Texas, but that doesn't mean it's a team mindset, in fact--Padre-wise, it's gone quite the opposite in 2020--they're gonna have fun, enjoy the game their way and if others take issue with how--Fuck em.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm not saying the Padres are being "Hurt" at all, I'm saying they seem to have been running into a lot of incidences where they violate said rules this season. I'm saying, like you, they're silly/stupid/outdated. I mention the Padres because that's the team I follow and don't really get any stories/anecdotes relating to other teams. And citing a player from that might agree with those rules means, what? Yates might ascribe to them, heck even Tingler apologized in Texas, but that doesn't mean it's a team mindset, in fact--Padre-wise, it's gone quite the opposite in 2020--they're gonna have fun, enjoy the game their way and if others take issue with how--Fuck em.
                  Easy to say when your team is young, just a few years ago the Padres were on the opposite side and I'm sure in a few years they'll be back on the other side again when someone offends their veteran pitcher.

Not a team by team problem, it's league wide, and a lot of it boils down to the culture/background of the individual players involved, and their age.

Comment

Easy to say when your team is young, just a few years ago the Padres were on the opposite side and I'm sure in a few years they'll be back on the other side again when someone offends their veteran pitcher.

Not a team by team problem, it's league wide, and a lot of it boils down to the culture/background of the individual players involved, and their age.
                    I'd say it's more cultural than age related, but yes, youth plays into it. I disagree that the Padres will rotate back to a traditional mindset, they're young, should stay young and I believe ALL of baseball is moving away from the UnWrittenRule Era.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'd say it's more cultural than age related, but yes, youth plays into it. I disagree that the Padres will rotate back to a traditional mindset, they're young, should stay young and I believe ALL of baseball is moving away from the UnWrittenRule Era.
                      Could be. If we had the same conversation 10 years ago we would have thought the same thing though. Logic doesn't seem to prevail.

Comment

Working...
                      X