Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m tired of unwritten rules and over sensitivity in baseball!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhd View Post
    If some people are so bothered about one team running up the score, why not institute a "mercy rule", like they have in youth baseball, international baseball competitions or sometimes in college? Then the rule would be written and the uncertainty removed, It would also end the silly, if often entertaining, practice of using position players as pitchers. Also, it would descrease the length of games. If people dont like that, then just play the game to win no matter the score and stop all this nonsense about "unwritten rules", which arguably are just "political correctness" for baseball.
    I tend to agree with the sentiment.
    But no need for a mercy rule. If you are upset by the other team's score, just forfeit. It's always an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I tend to agree with the sentiment.
      But no need for a mercy rule. If you are upset by the other team's score, just forfeit. It's always an option.
      Yeah, that too, but it will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Yeah, that too, but it will never happen.
        right, so they just need to shut up.

Comment

https://twitter.com/DSzymborski/stat...905327104?s=20

You know what should have killed unwritten rules nonsense for good? When McCann, a noted unwritten rule enforcer, happily kept his mouth shut as a member of the 2017/2018 Astros.

Comment

Not sure if serious?

You followed this and that was your takeaway?
            Not serious.

Comment

right, so they just need to shut up.
              We could just ignore them?

I do not think they care what we think.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I don't care that they don't care--they obviously don't care about being right or advocating the right things--so to hell with em.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I'm confident that the mlb is concerned with it's public image considering the amount of money at stake. So I'd disagree with you there.

Comment

I'm confident that the mlb is concerned with it's public image considering the amount of money at stake. So I'd disagree with you there.
                    I agree that mlb would be concerned. The individual players will not lose sleep over it.

Comment

Profar and Tatis throwing Shade at the Rangers after they each go deep off Lynn. Not sure it'll make the news, but I have to imagine someone will catch it. Pretty damn funny. If you get a chance watch the two of them together after each HR.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

If you don't want people breaking unwritten rules, then stop playing shitty baseball that brings the unwritten rules into play.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          If you don't want people breaking unwritten rules, then stop playing shitty baseball that brings the unwritten rules into play.
                          What is really ironic is the fact Woodard complained about this when he's seen congratulating Machado (when they were both on the Dodgers) after manny hits a 3-0 HR with a 6 run lead AND Woodard's ONLY Grand slam was hit while his team was leading 6-0.

Cast No Stones.......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The Rangers also intentionally let a pop up drop last year to get Minor his 200th K. That’s totally cool though - feels like attempting to catch an easy pop up would be a rule, either unwritten or written.

Did Machado break an unwritten rule by hitting a walk off grand slam last night? They only needed 2 runs, he should have only hit a 2 run single. Not very sporting of him.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Profar and Tatis throwing Shade at the Rangers after they each go deep off Lynn. Not sure it'll make the news, but I have to imagine someone will catch it. Pretty damn funny. If you get a chance watch the two of them together after each HR.
                              All for throwing shade at the idiots that were upset about the 3-0 pitch, including Tingler and Hosmer too. But Profar celebrating anything, considering the season and career that he's had, amuses me. What a waste of talent.

Comment

Rangers were 10-10 when they called a WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-mublance on Tatis.

3-16 since.

maybe they misread the unwritten rule
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X