Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: I知 tired of unwritten rules and over sensitivity in baseball!

  1. #31
    All Star GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego--Home Again.
    Posts
    6,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Rangers were 10-10 when they called a WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-mublance on Tatis.

    3-16 since.

    maybe they misread the unwritten rule
    It's was actually the 17th, when the Pads beat them 14-4 Padres have gone 14-5 since then and hit 5 Slams in 6 games with 4 in a row Vs the Rangers. With a +55 Run differential, snapped their 7 game losing streak with that slam.

    Thanks Rangers!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    What is really ironic is the fact Woodard complained about this when he's seen congratulating Machado (when they were both on the Dodgers) after manny hits a 3-0 HR with a 6 run lead AND Woodard's ONLY Grand slam was hit while his team was leading 6-0.

    Cast No Stones.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Rangers were 10-10 when they called a WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-mublance on Tatis.

    3-16 since.

    maybe they misread the unwritten rule
    Sometimes people wind up getting what they deserve, and the stones they throw break their own glass house...
    的t is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.
    ― Upton Sinclair

    "Society produces rogues, and education makes one rogue cleverer than another."
    ― Oscar Wilde

    2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

    RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001
    Location: U.S.A.

  3. #33
    All Star GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego--Home Again.
    Posts
    6,621
    And the Padres are at it again, Grisham apparently takes too long to start running after his HR off Kershaw.

    They say because Clayton is who he is, you can't enjoy or celebrate taking him deep.

    I guess next time, Grisham should go to the mound and apologize to him.

    Little bitches, you don't like getting taken deep try pitching better
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  4. #34
    All Star Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6,888
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

    Little bitches, you don't like getting taken deep try pitching better
    “As a player, you have an idea what’s right and what’s wrong,” says San Diego Padres closer Kirby Yates. “There are certain times where you go overboard and some people are going to take offense, but I think everybody understands where the lines are.”

    -Kirby Yates 2019

  5. #35
    All Star GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego--Home Again.
    Posts
    6,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    “As a player, you have an idea what’s right and what’s wrong,” says San Diego Padres closer Kirby Yates. “There are certain times where you go overboard and some people are going to take offense, but I think everybody understands where the lines are.”

    -Kirby Yates 2019
    And?.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  6. #36
    All Star Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6,888
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    And?.
    It's ridiculous and not limited to any one team clearly. Your examples seem to always include the Padres as the ones being hurt by the "unwritten rules" (which makes sense considering you watch their games), but in reality it's all of them.

    As stated in the quote, according to Yates, this shouldn't be a big deal because everyone understands the unwritten rules, right... ? Eye roll.

    I'm right there with you on it being silly, but sadly it's throughout MLB.

  7. #37
    All Star GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego--Home Again.
    Posts
    6,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    It's ridiculous and not limited to any one team clearly. Your examples seem to always include the Padres as the ones being hurt by the "unwritten rules" (which makes sense considering you watch their games), but in reality it's all of them.

    As stated in the quote, according to Yates, this shouldn't be a big deal because everyone understands the unwritten rules, right... ? Eye roll.

    I'm right there with you on it being silly, but sadly it's throughout MLB.
    I'm not saying the Padres are being "Hurt" at all, I'm saying they seem to have been running into a lot of incidences where they violate said rules this season. I'm saying, like you, they're silly/stupid/outdated. I mention the Padres because that's the team I follow and don't really get any stories/anecdotes relating to other teams. And citing a player from that might agree with those rules means, what? Yates might ascribe to them, heck even Tingler apologized in Texas, but that doesn't mean it's a team mindset, in fact--Padre-wise, it's gone quite the opposite in 2020--they're gonna have fun, enjoy the game their way and if others take issue with how--Fuck em.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  8. #38
    All Star Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6,888
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I'm not saying the Padres are being "Hurt" at all, I'm saying they seem to have been running into a lot of incidences where they violate said rules this season. I'm saying, like you, they're silly/stupid/outdated. I mention the Padres because that's the team I follow and don't really get any stories/anecdotes relating to other teams. And citing a player from that might agree with those rules means, what? Yates might ascribe to them, heck even Tingler apologized in Texas, but that doesn't mean it's a team mindset, in fact--Padre-wise, it's gone quite the opposite in 2020--they're gonna have fun, enjoy the game their way and if others take issue with how--Fuck em.
    Easy to say when your team is young, just a few years ago the Padres were on the opposite side and I'm sure in a few years they'll be back on the other side again when someone offends their veteran pitcher.

    Not a team by team problem, it's league wide, and a lot of it boils down to the culture/background of the individual players involved, and their age.

  9. #39
    All Star GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego--Home Again.
    Posts
    6,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Easy to say when your team is young, just a few years ago the Padres were on the opposite side and I'm sure in a few years they'll be back on the other side again when someone offends their veteran pitcher.

    Not a team by team problem, it's league wide, and a lot of it boils down to the culture/background of the individual players involved, and their age.
    I'd say it's more cultural than age related, but yes, youth plays into it. I disagree that the Padres will rotate back to a traditional mindset, they're young, should stay young and I believe ALL of baseball is moving away from the UnWrittenRule Era.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  10. #40
    All Star Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6,888
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I'd say it's more cultural than age related, but yes, youth plays into it. I disagree that the Padres will rotate back to a traditional mindset, they're young, should stay young and I believe ALL of baseball is moving away from the UnWrittenRule Era.
    Could be. If we had the same conversation 10 years ago we would have thought the same thing though. Logic doesn't seem to prevail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •