No announcement yet.

*Official Sports Wagering Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's been a ton of fun. Sunday mornings are now all about examining props and then doing a 30-minute overview call with Pete (Hammer).

Like you, I started with about $350 on these sites two months ago and now have about $900.

I saw the FD promo. Interesting. Indians are 6-for-60 historically vs. Cole, but they're still going against Bieber. $50 is a lot more than I like to wager on a single game, and I only have $200 on FD right now. And man, I'd hate to bet on the Yanks and have to actually root for them!

Fuq it, I put the $50 on the Yanks -104 with Cole.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
      FanDuel has a promo today on the Yanks Indians bet $50 on the money line and get $3 back per K your starting pitcher gets up to $50. Bieber and Cole have been great for K's seems like you will get at least $21 back and a chance to win the ML bet too. Not sure which way to go yet.
      Can't you go both sides?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Can't you go both sides?
        So let's use this one promo Draft Kings has been running a lot lately and have a different version today. For the NBA they have been boosting the first basket team to score to +150. So you bet the favorite on DK at +150 you take the underdog on FD at usually +104 or maybe higher and you use a calculator to figure what to bet DK maxes your boost bet at 25 so you bet the 25 there and then usually 30 on FD and you make like $6 bucks. When you are betting at the levels I am $6 is another chance at a parlay bet.

Today DK has first team to score a run in HOU / MIN boosted to +150 so bet the Astros there for $25 and then the Twins for $30.64 and you make %12 with a $6.86 profit no matter what the outcome. Again you won't win big here but you do each of these and you make enough to let you throw some $5 parlays at other things.

Comment

looking at that - betting $55.64 gets you $62 if Astros score first and $76.60 if Twins score first.

correct?
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            looking at that - betting $55.64 gets you $62 if Astros score first and $76.60 if Twins score first.

correct?
            The boost bet is capped at $25 on Draft Kings.

Comment

Nice find Keith. I did both on DKs to make it easier, so it's about a guaranteed $6. To paraphrase the great Geddy Lee, 'hey, six bucks is six bucks!'

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Nice find Keith. I did both on DKs to make it easier, so it's about a guaranteed $6. To paraphrase the great Geddy Lee, 'hey, six bucks is six bucks!'
                I don't know anyone personally that has had this happen but I follow a gambling sub on reddit and they say they can ban you for hedging like that on bonuses for a guaranteed profit. Now will it happen? Seems unlikely but if you have funds in both accounts it is safest to bet the hedge on the other site. Good luck on the Cole bet I am still trying to decide what to do with it.

Comment

I had a (minor) screwup.

I bet 25 and 25 for 50 bucks.

if Astros score first, I get $62.50.

but if Twins do, I only get $49.50.

I mean, winning $12.50 vs losing 50 cents is still worth a shot, but not sure what I bungled.

I could cash out on both now and lose 3 bucks, but then they might not let me try again so I will "let it ride!"

and yes I was surprised they allowed this hedging. I wish someone would have mentioned the "ban" issue before I tried it

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    I had a (minor) screwup.

I bet 25 and 25 for 50 bucks.

if Astros score first, I get $62.50.

but if Twins do, I only get $49.50.

I mean, winning $12.50 vs losing 50 cents is still worth a shot, but not sure what I bungled.

I could cash out on both now and lose 3 bucks, but then they might not let me try again so I will "let it ride!"

and yes I was surprised they allowed this hedging. I wish someone would have mentioned the "ban" issue before I tried it

Sorry I tried to explain how I was using FD and DK each time to do it. I am not a smart gambler or even well versed so I only know what i know from Reddit lol which is not reliable but I have used both sites to do bonus hedges.

Comment

• maybe I should eat the 3 bucks, or just gamble on one side...

I see they only gave me the odds boost on one team, hence the "$49.50"

I put 2 bucks each on Indians 15-1 and Reds 26-1 to win WS

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        maybe I should eat the 3 bucks, or just gamble on one side...

I see they only gave me the odds boost on one team, hence the "$49.50"

I put 2 bucks each on Indians 15-1 and Reds 26-1 to win WS
                        I like those bets I have them both to win the CS and I bet the Indians to win the WS. If the Indians can get past the yankees and into a longer series I love their pitching.

Comment

• hopefully their algorithm only sees that I am not guaranteed a profit and leaves me alone

go Astros scoring first and then losing 16-1 !

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            hopefully their algorithm only sees that I am not guaranteed a profit and leaves me alone

go Astros scoring first and then losing 16-1 !
                            My guess is doing it once even the right way to get the $6 they will do nothing if you are doing these arb bets daily they will drop the hammer.

Comment

• Greinke loads 'em up with 1 out, goes 2-0 before getting a 104 mph bat velocity liner to first.

then 3-2 and a nubber down the 3rd base line - barehander by Bregman and he nips Sano at first to end the inning.

I was staring down the barrel of losing "50 large" (pennies) there!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Twinkies win the 1st run battle. My hedge bet pays out a profit of $5.38. Thanks Frae!

Comment

Working...
                                X