No announcement yet.

*Official Sports Wagering Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only went with an o8 runs last night which lost, but I got paid out on my preseason Dodgers to win the World Series wagers. Bet $35, won $166.75.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Only went with an o8 runs last night which lost, but I got paid out on my preseason Dodgers to win the World Series wagers. Bet $35, won $166.75.
      Congrats!

Comment

• I bet $40 on the Dodgers to cover -1.5 $25 at +142 and $15 at +162 so thanks to Mookie that paid out for the night.

Bet $5 on the Dodgers to score first and win boost that lost and $5 on over 10 runs and lost, but up for the night. Mookie needed to have a few more hits in the series to beat Seager for MVP so lost all of those. Anyway I have been holding pretty steady lately but with MLB and NBA over it is going to be some slow days between NFL and CFB bets and I have been terrible at CFB.

Comment

• I gave back all my winnings on Nats last year with Rays wagers this time.

but once they took Snell out, I was more than happy to let the house keep my money!
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Check out this crazy story from last week:
            "According to FanDuel, a bettor placed an $8,600 money-line bet on Clemson at -100,000 odds. If the Tigers prevail, the bettor will add $8.60 to his bankroll."

FanDuel says a bettor has placed an $8,600 money-line bet on Clemson to beat Syracuse at -100,000 odds. If the Tigers prevail, the bettor will add $8.60 to his bankroll.

Yup, risking $8,600 to win just enough to get a Happy Meal at McDonalds.

Comment

• "A stat correction that changed a sack to a tackle for loss in the Chicago Bears-Los Angeles Rams game Monday caused a $997,000 fantasy football heartbreak for a 41-year-old insurance agent in St. Louis.

For 30 minutes after Monday's game ended, Rob Huntze thought he had won the $1 million first prize in a DraftKings contest.

Everything had worked out perfectly for Huntze down the stretch of the Rams' 24-10 win. One of Huntze's lineups that featured both the Bears' and Rams' defenses had scored 92.79 points, the most out of the 176,470 entries. His computer screen showed a $1 million first prize.

He texted with friends and called his parents to share the exciting news and took his dog Achilles for a quick walk.

When he returned, he wanted to refresh his computer screen again, "just to see myself on top," he said. "And, then, boom."

A sack that had been credited to the Bears' defense late in the fourth quarter was changed to a running play, a 3-yard loss by Rams quarterback Jared Goff. That 3-yard loss dropped Huntze into a tie for sixth place with 18 other entries, and his prize money dropped from $1 million to $3,078.94."

An avid daily fantasy player who has qualified three times for DraftKings' world championship, Huntze said he believed Monday's contest was going to be his "big breakthrough." Despite the $997,000 letdown, he plans to be back in action Thursday night.

"I want a little redemption story," he said.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...-million-prize

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                "A stat correction that changed a sack to a tackle for loss in the Chicago Bears-Los Angeles Rams game Monday caused a $997,000 fantasy football heartbreak for a 41-year-old insurance agent in St. Louis.

For 30 minutes after Monday's game ended, Rob Huntze thought he had won the $1 million first prize in a DraftKings contest.

Everything had worked out perfectly for Huntze down the stretch of the Rams' 24-10 win. One of Huntze's lineups that featured both the Bears' and Rams' defenses had scored 92.79 points, the most out of the 176,470 entries. His computer screen showed a $1 million first prize.

He texted with friends and called his parents to share the exciting news and took his dog Achilles for a quick walk.

When he returned, he wanted to refresh his computer screen again, "just to see myself on top," he said. "And, then, boom."

A sack that had been credited to the Bears' defense late in the fourth quarter was changed to a running play, a 3-yard loss by Rams quarterback Jared Goff. That 3-yard loss dropped Huntze into a tie for sixth place with 18 other entries, and his prize money dropped from $1 million to $3,078.94."

An avid daily fantasy player who has qualified three times for DraftKings' world championship, Huntze said he believed Monday's contest was going to be his "big breakthrough." Despite the $997,000 letdown, he plans to be back in action Thursday night.

"I want a little redemption story," he said.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...-million-prize
                Sucks, but what this story doesn’t really mention is that 5 or 6 ended up jumping into a tie for first, going from a few grand to a couple of hundred grand.

Comment

• TNF Wagers
                  $10 Falcons +1.5 - WON $19.10
                  $5 Anderson 1st TD - LOST
                  $5 Anderson TD - LOST
                  $15 Moore o67.5 - LOST
                  $10 Anderson o75.5 - LOST
                  $5 Moore TD - LOST
                  $5 Samuel o39.5 - LOST
                  $5 SGP - Anderson TD, Moore TD, Falcons ML - LOST
                  $10 SGP - Anderson TD, Moore TD - LOST
                  SGP - Gurley o65.5, Gurley TD, u57.5 pts - LOST, BUT INSURANCE COVERED IT
                  $5 SGP - Moore o67.5, Moore TD, Davis TD - LOST

Total Wagered: $75.00
                  Total Payout: $19.10
                  Total +/-: ($55.90)

Comment

• Ben Fawkes
                    @BFawkes22
                    ·
                    59m
                    Fun stat: The Los Angeles Dodgers were favored in all 78 games this MLB season on the way to their World Series title.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      TNF Wagers
                      $10 Falcons +1.5
                      $5 Anderson 1st TD - LOST
                      $5 Anderson TD
                      $15 Moore o67.5
                      $10 Anderson o75.5
                      $5 Moore TD
                      $5 Samuel o39.5
                      $5 SGP - Anderson TD, Moore TD, Falcons ML
                      $10 SGP - Anderson TD, Moore TD
                      $10 SGP - Gurley o65.5, Gurley TD, u57.5 pts
                      $5 SGP - Moore o67.5, Moore TD, Davis TD
                      I went 0-3...took the over once the forecast looked a little better this evening and at the half, I looked pretty good at 30 of the needed 52, but second half was very quiet. Also put tiny bets on Julio and DJ to score TDs and Atlanta to be leading in the 4th but lose the game which failed.

Ah well, onto college football on Saturday.

Comment

• Anything that could go wrong last night did, lol:

- Kendall Sheffield, the Atlanta CB who's been burned all season and was shadowing DJ Moore last night, went down on the game's 1st play
                        - the Panthers, going against the worst passing D by far, decide instead to run gadget plays to Curtis Samuel all night
                        - Samuel, who I had for o39.5 yards, instead gets 31 through the air and an inexplicable 30 via handoffs
                        - Moore couldn't take advantage of Sheffield's backup and had a goose egg until 3 minutes left in the game
                        - after a half of playing around, Teddy B gets KO'd from the game for most of the 3rd quarter
                        - Todd Gurley apparently paid the price for last week's indiscretion by being benched for half the game

I won with the Falcons +1.5, and came closest with the Gurley parlay, but it was a bad evening

Comment

• Didn't post anything the only thing I won was $20 on the Falcons +2 on Fox. Lost $20 worth of player props and $5 on TD bets. I doubled down on Gurley scoring 1st on Draft Kings and put $10 on him to score first but get my money back if he scores and then $5 on the Gurley score 1st boost. I get the $10 back. Also lost $5 more betting on the fan duel 2nd half boost of Julio to score a TD in the 2nd half. So definitely down a little for the day but the falcons cover and gurley scoring to get me the $10 back helps.

Fox Bet if you go inside the Steelers Ravens game and to bet boosts has the Steelers to score a TD each half boosted to +100. This isn't guaranteed money against the Ravens but it isn't a bad bet either. Max bet is $25.

Comment

• Draft kings has a mystery boost you can opt into. Seems like most people are getting the OK St Texas game boosted to +200 on the ML for $25 max. You can bet OK St the favorite and hedge on another site and make about $20 or just put $25 on Ok State and chase some money.

Comment

• DK "Trick" or "Treat" is for NJ, PA, IN, IL, IA, CO, TN, or WV.

and yes, I got Texas-Oklahoma St game at +200 as well.

Okla St is favored by 3.5 points, so taking them on the money line just to win by any number is a nice play at that price.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                DK "Trick" or "Treat" is for NJ, PA, IN, IL, IA, CO, TN, or WV.

and yes, I got Texas-Oklahoma St game at +200 as well.

Okla St is favored by 3.5 points, so taking them on the money line just to win by any number is a nice play at that price.

I found out what the “trick” was some people got the jets boosted to +2000 vs the chiefs. Ouch

Comment

Working...
                                X