No announcement yet.

*Official Sports Wagering Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, I lost 3 3-leg parlays with the Vikings loss vs Dallas. Unbelievable.

Comment

• what a ride

today I had:

Titans +6 vs Ravens. BAL ties it at the end, so OT and I could get "push-ed" but TEN wins by 6

Eagles +3.5 vs Browns. Eagles lose by 5, as Browns collect 9 points on a pick-6, extra, point, and safety. #cmonman

Chargers -8.5 vs Jets. LAC leads by 12 in the red zone, mid-4th quarter against NYJ sorry D. but settle for a FG for 34-19. NYJ scores with 4 minutes left to 34-26. that's the rough final, except LAC took a safety in end zone on final play for 34-28. at least that didn't beat anyone's point spread.

Colts -1.5 vs Packers. GB 28-14 at half, but IND scores 17 straight and has the lead and the ball near midfield, under 3 minutes left. IND called for a hold on every play - they had 9 holding calls in the game (!). GB gets ball back after poor IND playcalling with almost 2 minutes left around their own 10. of course Rodgers marches down the field - even into the red zone - and they tie it. IND finally wins in OT.

2-3 with 5 "sweats."

now riding VEG +8.5
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Got slaughtered at 1 pm, losing three overs and a parlay. Made a comeback at 4 with the Cook/Zeke over 157.5 rushing yards, the over in the night game and the Carr/Mahomes over 4.5 TDs (which hit with 30 seconds left) to finish down about $10. I’ll take it.

Free $25 on DraftKings on Thursday. Even money up to $25 if either the Steelers or Ravens score a TD.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          Free $25 on DraftKings on Thursday. Even money up to $25 if either the Steelers or Ravens score a TD.
          Where do you see this?

I'm seeing this: Bet the BAL-PIT game and get a free bet on that team to win the AFC North (big whoop, PIT is -5000 to win the division)

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Where do you see this?

I'm seeing this: Bet the BAL-PIT game and get a free bet on that team to win the AFC North (big whoop, PIT is -5000 to win the division)
            Top of my page has an opt in for a “no brainer bet.”

Comment

• yes, also in NJ, I just collected - er, "risked" - the max $25 on either team scoring a TD.

that'll boost my pot to $277.50 - not bad off an original $25 investment!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                Top of my page has an opt in for a “no brainer bet.”
                It might be targeted by state. I don't see it here in PA.

Comment

• likely because Steelers are part of the bet - PA gamblers will take the "Steelers win division" as a mortal lock, yet leave DK a tiny window.

that's not as appealing outside the state, so they sweetened the pot.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    likely because Steelers are part of the bet - PA gamblers will take the "Steelers win division" as a mortal lock, yet leave DK a tiny window.

that's not as appealing outside the state, so they sweetened the pot.
                    But the promo out of PA is a free $25. In PA, it's.....twenty cents.

Comment

• Woo hoo, took the over last night, along with Goff and Brady 2 TDs each and Woods/Godwin combined over 117.5 yards receiving. Nice night!

Comment

• Thanksgiving Day
                        $5 Cooks o68.5 - WON $9.40
                        Free Bet Gibson o52.5 - WON $3.25
                        $10 Gonzaga ML - WON $30.00
                        $5 McLaurin/Zeke 1st TD - LOST
                        $5 SGP - Gibson o57.5 + Zeke o73.5 - LOST
                        $5 Cowboys -2.5 - LOST
                        $5 Gibson TD - WON $10.00
                        $3 Akins TD - LOST
                        $10 Texans -3 - WON $19.45
                        $5 SGP - Gibson o57.5 + Gallup u36.5 - LOST
                        $5 Zeke TD + Cowboys win - LOST
                        $10 All QBs to throw 1+ TD passes - WON $20
                        $5 Zeke o70.5 - LOST
                        $5 Gallup u40.5 - LOST
                        $10 Akins o30.5 - LOST

Total wagered: $88.00
                        Total payout: $92.10
                        Total +/-: $4.10

Comment

• I need to stop with in-game betting. Never goes well.

Won the over in Hou-Det
                          Won the free bet of anyone scoring a TD in Was-Dal
                          Won Amari Cooper over 59.5 yards

Lost the in-game under in Hou-Det of 61.

Up about 40 on the day but should have been more.

Comment

• won $25 on DAL-WAS game because TD
                            also on that OVER and HOU -3 in first game

have a $2 parlay of HOU+WAS+LAR win for odds-boosted $17.86 with just one leg to go.

and for some reason DK gave me a $10 free bet for the "inconvenience" of switching the easy money "either team scores a TD" from BAL-PIT to WAS-DAL.

this morning I put the free $10 on LAR as the spread dropped to 6.5 points. but now I am a little "overleveraged" on the Rams.

I get $26.26 if Rams cover on my $2 risk - but nothing on those two bets if they don't.

but $14 on Niners would get me $26.74.

so $16 risked, and I either make a profit of $10.26 if Rams cover - or $10.74 if Niners do.

should I even bother?

the hedge guarantees me a bankroll over $300 - or 12x my original and only "buy-in" 3 years ago.

this is free money if you are smart AND a cheap bastard.

whether you're up $200, $300, or $400 - that's where a combo of skill and luck come in.

(btw, a couple of professional gamblers have told me that the value play on "Free Bets" is longshots - you can never lose a nickel and you could win huge if, for example, a 50-to-1 golfers wins a tourney with your $10 free play. and if he's close down the stretch on a Sunday, you can clinch a half-share if there is a playoff for instance. It makes all the logical sense in the world. but I'm just hardwired to play it safe. maybe next time!)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              (btw, a couple of professional gamblers have told me that the value play on "Free Bets" is longshots - you can never lose a nickel and you could win huge if, for example, a 50-to-1 golfers wins a tourney with your $10 free play. and if he's close down the stretch on a Sunday, you can clinch a half-share if there is a playoff for instance. It makes all the logical sense in the world. but I'm just hardwired to play it safe. maybe next time!)
                              I always do this. I hit 2 Zeke TDs in the opener on a $10 free bet that paid me 180. That’s been about half my profit on the year.

Comment

• Black Friday
                                $10 Iowa State +1.5 - WON $20.68
                                $10 Teaser - Iowa State +7.5, ND/UNC o61.5 - LOST

Comment

Working...
                                X