*Official Sports Wagering Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    My son, a big Dodger fan like myself, wanted me to bet that and I didn't.
    Yeah he looked amazing and it fixed a lot of my day. I also hit a little baseball parlay thanks to a lot of luck as the Padres wound up covering -1.5 and the Dodgers did too. I think there will be first basket bonus again today on draft kings for the NBA finals. If it comes up I'll post it.

Comment

• Ok here is your arb bet for today and it has a nice return.

Draft King opt in on the NBA first basket bonus. Bet $25 on the Lakers at +150

Fan Duel bet the Heat for $27.90 at +124

18% profit you make $9.60 no matter what.

Comment

• and he even spelled it out for the "slow" kids

DK lists "to pay" result of $62.50 while FD lists "potential winnings" of $34.60

but yes, you wind up betting $52.90 and collect $62.50 either way

my contribution - states that offer legal, regulated online sports betting:

New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon

Michigan, Virginia, and Tennessee are coming very soon

noticeably missing are behemoths California, Florida, Texas, and New York - for various political reasons
        Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-02-2020, 09:18 AM.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          and he even spelled it out for the "slow" kids

DK lists "to pay" result of $62.50 while FD lists "potential winnings" of $34.60

but yes, you wind up betting $52.90 and collect $62.50 either way

my contribution - states that offer legal, regulated online sports betting:

New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon

Michigan, Virginia, and Tennessee are coming very soon

noticeably missing are behemoths California, Florida, Texas, and New York - for various political reasons
          The sites annoyingly list winnings differently. Draft kings gives you exactly what you will get back into your account if it hits. Fan Duel only lists what you will profit in the winnings section not the total with your bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
            Ok here is your arb bet for today and it has a nice return.

Draft King opt in on the NBA first basket bonus. Bet $25 on the Lakers at +150

Fan Duel bet the Heat for $27.90 at +124

18% profit you make $9.60 no matter what.
            I took this, but the FD odds just changed to +120.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              I took this, but the FD odds just changed to +120.
              Yeah they probably are getting a lot of bets on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                Yeah they probably are getting a lot of bets on it.
                Lurkers: 1,722

lol

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Fan Duel has the Darvish 10+ K bet boosted to +500, Draft Kings has the exact same bet only boosted to +280. If you believe in Darvish these seem like a good odds boost. Of his last 10 starts he has had 10 or more K's 3 times and finished with 9 in two others. I threw $10 at it.

Comment

• Only 4k’s through 4, but less than 50 pitches. Going to need at lease one big inning even if he goes 8. The DH rule makes this a lot more possible. Side note Sixto also dealing.

Comment

• I was tempted on that one, but I keep letting this pesky job get in the way - so haven't been able to watch.

good luck!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Not looking good 5 through 6. He may go 8 but 5k’s in 2 innings seems unlikely.

Comment

• Not looking like any easy arb bets on a college football only day.

Draft Kings has a UGA Auburn promo where you bet $50 on the spread and whatever team you pick IF they lose the spread bet you get back $2 per point. O/U is 43.5 so you are hoping to get at least $30 back.

I will say you can arb something a bit if you use Fox Bet. They have Clemson, UGA, and UCF boosted to +100 the odds on that are -215 right now on Draft Kings. So Clemson and UCF are really big favorites. The max on this bet is $25 to win $50. So I plan to bet this and bet Auburn on the spread with that draft kings promo. The idea is GA wins but Auburn covers. If GA loses well Auburn covers and I come out down a few bucks. If GA wins and covers I hope to come out at least even with the promo.

Tomorrow again using Fox Bet they have the Cowboys boosted with there Colin Cowherd pick to +300 at winning by 6 or more. It is capped at $25. So bet $25 on Fox bet. I am going to keep watching the draft. kings line on this as the Cowboys are still -4.5 there but sometimes the public will push Dallas. If the line doesn't move you just go to the alt line and make it +5.5 for Cleveland and you will max bet it at $50. You won't win the same on either win because of the odds, but you will profit either way. If the line moves to 5 the alt bet with the boost will probably be at a point where you can make the same profit on either result.

Anyway, that is what I have. good luck.

Comment

• I bet $25 on a 4-team moneyline NCAA parlay:
                            - BYU (won)
                            - Florida
                            - Pitt
                            - Tennessee

All heavy faves. BYU won already.

EDIT
                            Gah, Pitt lost by a point. So much for this theory. Loser!

Comment

• "Draft Kings has a UGA Auburn promo where you bet $50 on the spread and whatever team you pick IF they lose the spread bet you get back $2 per point."

intriguing, but the two defenses are the best units. I looked up dozens of predicted scores, and the loser gets anywhere from 7 to 23. average is around 15.

so if you win the bet, great. if you lose, though, you ain't breaking even. this feels like..... well, "gambling."

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                "Draft Kings has a UGA Auburn promo where you bet $50 on the spread and whatever team you pick IF they lose the spread bet you get back $2 per point."

intriguing, but the two defenses are the best units. I looked up dozens of predicted scores, and the loser gets anywhere from 7 to 23. average is around 15.

so if you win the bet, great. if you lose, though, you ain't breaking even. this feels like..... well, "gambling."

Well the break even would be UGA wins give me the fox bet hit for a $50 win on a $25 bet. So I am up +25. Then if Auburn doesn't cover but scores 14 points I get $28 back from that so I lose $22 there. So overall +3 but not in real money I just get a free $28 bet on Draft Kings. I know Auburn isn't going to score enough on their own to break even probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X