Trade Advice--Lance Lynn and Kikuchi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Advice--Lance Lynn and Kikuchi

I am in first place so far in my 14 team mixed league, but lost Verlander and EROD, and could use the pitching--it has been smoke and mirrors so far with Chatwood and Spencer Turnbull have saved my bacon.

I have been offered Lance Lynn and Kikuchi for Brendan McKay, Carter Kieboom, and Corbin Carroll. I think it is too much, but I am not even sure I am willing to give the first two. Lynn is due for an extension next year and Kikuchi is cheap enough to keep, if he is actually any good this year.

McKay and Kieboom is a lot to pay to push for a championship in a pandemic year. What about McKay for Lynn? I'm a Lynn believer and McKay may not be a huge asset going forward if he continues as a 2-way player - does he tie up 2 roster spots? Is it a weekly league?

Or, ask for a better player than Kikuchi who helps you.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      McKay and Kieboom is a lot to pay to push for a championship in a pandemic year. What about McKay for Lynn? I'm a Lynn believer and McKay may not be a huge asset going forward if he continues as a 2-way player - does he tie up 2 roster spots? Is it a weekly league?

Or, ask for a better player than Kikuchi who helps you.
      He originally wanted McKay and Kieboom for just Lynn, I asked fir Kikuchi as a throw in and he asked for Carroll if I wanted Kikuchi. He won't do Lynn for McKay, and he won't do McKay or Kieboom and Carroll. I think he may do those top two and drop Carroll, but I am not sure I want to offer that. It is a weekly league, but McKay does not tie up two spots.

A factor is I think I am good enough to wait and if I do, I bet I can get a real ace like Mad Max or DeGrom for these prospects. But neither of those guys will be keepers, and it will be later in the season.

Comment

I can get Shoemaker thrown into this deal too, but at that point, I'm cutting or sending back someone who might be as good, unless I take Shoemaker over Kikuchi.

Comment

He says he will take Kieboom, Carroll, and Marsh, I keep McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            He says he will take Kieboom, Carroll, and Marsh, I keep McKay.
            I trust Shoe more than Kikuchi. I'd offer McKay instead of Kieboom.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              I trust Shoe more than Kikuchi. I'd offer McKay instead of Kieboom.
              The deal hinges on Kieboom. It is the one part I know I can't get out of.

Comment

He is offering to throw in Hansel Robles, and I could use a closer, but he seems pretty worthless at the moment.

Comment

The only way I'd even consider this deal would be if I was sure Lance Lynn would be the difference between me winning and not. Kikuchi is garbage in a 14-team mixed; Shoe at least has the potential to be a net positive. Depending on how deep your bench is, I'd take Robles if you have space to stash him. You'll know whether to cut or keep him in 1- 1.5 weeks. If he gets it together, he'll add a lot of value. If not, cut him and move on.

But, you are giving up a TON to get Lance Lynn and a potential closer and a marginal SP. I know you love to deal, but I'd wait a week to week and a half and see if there's any better aces available.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    The only way I'd even consider this deal would be if I was sure Lance Lynn would be the difference between me winning and not. Kikuchi is garbage in a 14-team mixed; Shoe at least has the potential to be a net positive. Depending on how deep your bench is, I'd take Robles if you have space to stash him. You'll know whether to cut or keep him in 1- 1.5 weeks. If he gets it together, he'll add a lot of value. If not, cut him and move on.

But, you are giving up a TON to get Lance Lynn and a potential closer and a marginal SP. I know you love to deal, but I'd wait a week to week and a half and see if there's any better aces available.
                    Yeah, thanks...I generally know when to make a good deal. I usually come out ahead, and I win this league 1/3 of the time, but this guy is the commish and an old friend that plays on my sympathies, and I occasionally end up gifting him a trade to get him off the ledge, so to speak. He gets depressed and said he needs this, that kind of stuff, uses the friend card. It clouds my mind.

Comment

He dropped Marsh from the deal and threw in Kiner-Filafa for Zunino. I did it to make him feel better. I don't think it will hurt me too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Yeah, thanks...I generally know when to make a good deal.
                        LOL, no kidding. I'm usually very impressed by your deals. And the few times I might have a minor disagreement, you always have sound logic.

but this guy is the commish and an old friend that plays on my sympathies
                        Heh...never trust a commish. They're way too smart.

Much as I like Lance Lynn, and as you noted, time has value in this short of a season, you'll probably be tapped out if deGrom or Max comes available in 10 days if you do this deal. I'd offer a take it-or-leave it Kieboom for Lynn offer if you think the other three minor leaguers you have will be enough to swing one of the other aces if you still want them.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Chance, thanks for your advice as always. My thinking in the end is that Lynn might actually fetch me that stud more than kieboom would. He is $1 who is due for an extension l, but that still has dump deal value. I like Lynn, but I suspect I end up dealing him too.

Comment

And I already flipped Kikuchi to the guy who beat me for the title last year, because Kikuchi threw an inexplicable late season CGSHO that helped him squeak it out. Muhaha, I knew the sentimental value would get to him, especially with the increased velocity from Yusei this year. Jung and Carroll are kind of a wash, so I ended up with the 1 for 1 I wanted anyway, sort of.

Comment

Working...
                            X