2K20 Cristian Javier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20 Cristian Javier

Cristian Javier is scheduled to start Wednesday against the Dodgers. The 23-year-old RHP had a 1.74 ERA with a 170/59 K/BB ratio in 113 2/3 innings last season across three levels of the minor leagues. His first big league start will be against one of the best lineups in baseball. It will be interesting to see if the rookie can handle the pressure.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Pretty well, it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Pretty well, it turns out.
      Yeah, Javier struck out the side (Muncy, Betts, Bellinger) on 13 pitches in the first inning. Can't start a major league career much better than that.
      Last edited by madducks; 07-29-2020, 09:58 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Yeah, Javier struck out the side (Muncy, Betts, Bellinger) on 13 pitches in the first inning. Can't start a major league career much better than that.
        4 too many pitches.

Comment

Is he worth adding in 12-team mixed? He'd be replacing one of Richards, Musgrove, or Houser.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Is he worth adding in 12-team mixed? He'd be replacing one of Richards, Musgrove, or Houser.
            I'd need to see more before I bumped Richards and Houser. Maybe Musgrove.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I'd need to see more before I bumped Richards and Houser. Maybe Musgrove.
              Agree. I would take Javier over Musgrove.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Any reason to think that Javier won't pitch Tuesday? Everywhere is either listing Valdez (won't happened; pitched six innings yesterday in relief) or TBD.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  Any reason to think that Javier won't pitch Tuesday? Everywhere is either listing Valdez (won't happened; pitched six innings yesterday in relief) or TBD.
                  I think he's the guy. Latest I saw for Framber is he's been moved back to Saturday against the A's.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Dusty Baker says it's "probably" Javier on Tuesday. I think he's earned it after his first start.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      I think he's the guy. Latest I saw for Framber is he's been moved back to Saturday against the A's.
                      He'd have to be moved back. He threw 86 pitches yesterday.

Comment

He'd have to be moved back. He threw 86 pitches yesterday.
                        Agree - I just wasn't sure if it'd be Friday or Saturday. Those 86 pitches were pretty good overall.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Javier gets his first major league win tonight with a line of 6ip-4h-1er-1bb-2k. The fact that a 23-year-old can pitch well even when he doesn't have his swing-and-miss-stuff says a lot about his maturity level IMO.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X