2K20 Kyle Lewis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20 Kyle Lewis

Former first round draft pick (#11 overall in 2016).

Blew out his knee during his first year of professional ball.

Struggled to completely overcome the injury for the next two years.

Healthy for the first time in 2019 but put up mediocre numbers in AA.

Mariners decided to give him a look last September and he went yard in his first 3 games before finishing with 6 home runs in 18 games.

This year he continued raking in spring training and homered in his first 2 regular season games of 2020.

His K/BB rate is terrible so far but he's still only 25 years old. So, maybe he can improve on that a little.

Any thoughts on this guy?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Second year of a changed approach of giving up contact for power. Had a much better walk rate in the minors, so the eye skill is there. In watching him, he can turn around on a very good fastball and doesn't seem like he's crippled by breaking pitches, either. All that said, even with the speed of analytics now, I don't think there's full "book" on his new approach yet.

Mariners will give him a lot of ABs this year - I think they want to see who they'll want around when the next crop of their minor league OFs show up.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

My take is that he sells out for power, but it will play. The small sample from last year showed incredible exit velo's to back up his production, so seeing it carry through to this season early on is a good sign. BA might suffer a bit with the power approach, but if he can walk enough to offset the low BA, and add a few SB if his knee is healthy again, he could be a monster.

Also seems like he's being given every opportunity to sink or swim. I quite like the guy.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

He hasn't homered this week.

Jack Palance as Curly in City Slickers voice: "Week ain't over yet".

But, six multi-hit games in a row for Kyle Lewis!
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          He hasn't homered this week.

Jack Palance as Curly in City Slickers voice: "Week ain't over yet".

But, six multi-hit games in a row for Kyle Lewis!
          Nice anti-jink!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Kyle Lewis has 11 walks (8 k's) in his last 13 games. This new level of patience from him is very encouraging.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Kyle Lewis has 11 walks (8 k's) in his last 13 games. This new level of patience from him is very encouraging.
              Two more walks for Lewis on Saturday. Oh yeah, and he had hits in the other three plate appearances. I think we may be seeing a breakout here.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Psyched about his development. May not prove to be linear, but clearly the talent is back at the surface.

Comment

Working...
                X