The team formerly known as the Redskins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The team formerly known as the Redskins

I didn't think Snyder could make football in Washington worse. Can you be more uninspired than "Washington Football Team"? Their over/under this season has to be 3 wins.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Originally posted by Long John View Post
    I didn't think Snyder could make football in Washington worse. Can you be more uninspired than "Washington Football Team"? Their over/under this season has to be 3 wins.
    Go Football Team!

Comment

If you have the money to own a football team, you can have a whole different level of fun.

I get it and I think it is actually pretty funny.

Comment

Digging deeper it appears we better enjoy in this year as it is temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Digging deeper it appears we better enjoy in this year as it is temporary.
          I know it's temporary. But that's kind of my whole point. It's not like this was a great big surprise. Maybe Snyder wanted to be in denial, but his cronies can't all be too. How do you not have 5 potential names ready to put to a public vote the second you announce the intention to change names?

This is a complete fail on their part and it's inexcusable for a professional organization.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
            I know it's temporary. But that's kind of my whole point. It's not like this was a great big surprise. Maybe Snyder wanted to be in denial, but his cronies can't all be too. How do you not have 5 potential names ready to put to a public vote the second you announce the intention to change names?

This is a complete fail on their part and it's inexcusable for a professional organization.
            Wait...did you just imply the Redskins are a professional organization?
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

He had no interest in changing the name and thus took no steps toward securing a new one. So this is what we get on short notice.

You could argue Goodell could have ordered him to start making backup plans long ago, but the NFL has never worked that way.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Washington Football Team coach Ron Rivera announced Thursday that he has been diagnosed with a "very treatable and curable" form of lymph node cancer.

All things considered, the news is good, but what a punch in the gut for an honorable man who was already in an extremely tough situation. "I was stunned," Rivera told ESPN's Adam Schefter. "But I was angry because I feel like I'm in best health I've been in." Rivera went to the doctor after detecting a lump in his neck. Rivera plans to continue coaching, but said the team has a "Plan B" in place. We wish Riverboat Ron all the best.
                Source: ESPN/Rotoworld
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Washington Football Team is now banning fans from wearing Native American-inspired headdresses and face paint at its stadium.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

How funny would it be if they became the Washington Guardians?

Just make "Guardians" the standard nickname for all former non-politically correct teams.

Comment

WFT also got hit with a multimillion dollar bill for having a horrific, sexual assaulty workplace recently, too, iirc.

Edit: Sexual harassment, bullying, and intimidation and a toxic culture of abuse - not assault. Still seems like they got off light given the sheer volume of complaints, particularly those against Snyder himself.
                      Last edited by Bene Futuis; 08-05-2021, 11:58 AM.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Announcement coming Feb 2 of the new team name

Evidence suggests that it may be the Admirals?

Comment

I hope they go with Sentinels just so they can keep showing that Keanu Reeves movie with the replacement players (titled The Replacements) over and over again.

Comment

go to washingtonadmirals.com -- the URL for a DC area Quiddich team - and see where it takes you

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Announcement coming Feb 2 of the new team name

Evidence suggests that it may be the Admirals?
                              I wouldn't think Milwaukee would care for that?

Comment

Working...
                              X