Thoughts on Lux being optioned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Wow...that's a ton of value for Lux and Wick. Nice get.
    For real. That really was an offer you could not refuse. If it doesn't work out, you can get a ton for them back, so really no risk.

Comment

And now Lux owners in keeper leagues are forced to make a decision. He has 138 abs so he has lost his rookie status. He will no longer be free.

In my NL only 5x5 OBP instead of ave. 12 team $260 budget. He will be $15 if I decide to keep him. I am not sure what he will go for at auction.

I am leaning hard at throwing him back in.

Thoughts?

Comment

toss

my mantra: if YOU don't want him for $15, hard to see someone paying $20 at auction (unless he's that one guy left with multiple owners realizing they'll never spend all their units).
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Too early to say. It depends if they sign Turner - or anyone else to play 3B - or not.

If they don't, I'd keep him. If they do, I'd toss him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            And now Lux owners in keeper leagues are forced to make a decision. He has 138 abs so he has lost his rookie status. He will no longer be free.

In my NL only 5x5 OBP instead of ave. 12 team $260 budget. He will be $15 if I decide to keep him. I am not sure what he will go for at auction.

Thoughts?
            Too early to tell, IMO - until the Dodgers settle what they're doing at 3B. But if the Dodgers do sign or trade for one of the big-name 3Bs available, I'd be inclined to cut him loose. I just don't see a path to a lot of PT for him in 2021 if that happens, barring a major injury.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thoughts?
              If you had to pick right this second, you'd have to choose to toss him back. Even later I feel like he's pretty risky at that price, although in an NL only it's much closer depending on inflation blah blah. He still needs to show quite a bit to become a regular on a team like that. Looked like he even had some Steve Sax-esque throwing to first issues for a while.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Thoughts?
                Still throwing back...but I don't like it.

Comment

I think the Dodgers get him at least some time at AAA, barring injuries to the regulars. They also acquired Sheldon Neuse, who they could use at 2B. I think it will depend largely on how they want to use Taylor and if they want him to be the everyday 2B. If not, Lux has a good chance of breaking camp with the club. But if so, then I think Lux spends half the season at AAA to get him back to full speed after spending '20 largely on the bench or at the alternate camp.

Comment

I would. I think revo and Bene have it pretty well nailed.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I think the Dodgers get him at least some time at AAA, barring injuries to the regulars. They also acquired Sheldon Neuse, who they could use at 2B. I think it will depend largely on how they want to use Taylor and if they want him to be the everyday 2B. If not, Lux has a good chance of breaking camp with the club. But if so, then I think Lux spends half the season at AAA to get him back to full speed after spending '20 largely on the bench or at the alternate camp.
                      I think it depends 100% on Lux's early returns and very little on Chris Taylor. They absolutely want Lux to be the starting 2B and not Taylor - Roberts just announced that he wants Taylor to get more work at 3B, presumably to rest Justin Turner. Neuse may get some PT but he has two options and isn't near the top of the list (at least right now). He's likely behind Lux, Muncy, Taylor, and McKinstry for PT at 2B.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

When I listened to the Dodgers episode of Fantasy 15, they were talking about Lux' throwing problems at 2B. If he's throwing the ball well in ST then I'd bump him way up, but if he's having issues I can easily see him spending a lot of time at AAA while the Dodgers wait for a DH.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          When I listened to the Dodgers episode of Fantasy 15, they were talking about Lux' throwing problems at 2B. If he's throwing the ball well in ST then I'd bump him way up, but if he's having issues I can easily see him spending a lot of time at AAA while the Dodgers wait for a DH.
                          Thanks for the tip.

I have him currently listed on the trading block. I had one text, but before I could answer he pulled it saying he can't use him as he lost his rookie status.

I refrained from responding if he still had it I wouldn't trade him.

I will push hard to trade him the week before our auction so it is fresh in everyone's mind that they don't want him. Maybe I get him really cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            Now this as reported by NBC Sports Edge:

GAVIN LUX
                            2B, LOS ANGELES DODGERS

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts indicated Wednesday that Gavin Lux could potentially play against right-handers and left-handers this season.
                            "I see him getting a good runway, playing regularly," Roberts said. "What that means, I think that there’s room for conversations. But him against a lefty, I don’t think we’re too concerned about that." Roberts isn't exactly rubber stamping Lux as the team's everyday second baseman here, but the words are encouraging nonetheless. Utility player Chris Taylor is still surely going to see plenty of starts at second base and could ultimately see the lion's share of at-bats there versus lefties. It sure sounds as if Lux is at the forefront of the manager's mind right now, though, which didn't seem to be the case last season.

SOURCE: Jorge Castillo on Twitter
                            Mar 3, 2021, 10:23 PM ET

Comment

He goes for 13 in LABR NL only aucton with no inflation...hmm.

Comment

Working...
                              X