I hate Zucchini thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Zucchini thread

I do like Zucchini bread but otherwise nope.

I would like to like Zucchini.

Do any of you have a Zucchini recipe that is not bakery, that you can recommend? Our neighbor gave us two of them.

I like zucchini.....now Okra.......who the hell ever looked at one of those things and thought "Let's eat that prickly damn, ugly piece of fruit"?
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Pickled okra, fried okra, gumbo...yummy...

But I'm with Gregg on zucchini.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        a. Agree on Zucchini bread.
        b. The other stuff probably tastes bad to you because your taste buds work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Pickled okra, fried okra, gumbo...yummy...

But I'm with Gregg on zucchini.
          You did not answer my question as to who the first person was who said let's eat okra. The guy standing next to him should have decked him.

Comment

I hate it too. What do I win?
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I also hate zucchini threads.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I do not like it in a bread.

I do not like it near my head
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Of all the stuff I've made in the instant pot, this has tasted the best.

Ingredients
                  1 Tbsp Olive Oil
                  1 small Sweet Onion, chopped
                  2 Carrots chopped
                  2 ribs Celery, chopped
                  1 Bay Leaf
                  4 cloves Garlic, pressed or finely minced.
                  1 (14 oz) can Diced Tomatoes, with juice
                  3/4 tsp Thyme, dried
                  1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
                  1 tsp Kosher Salt
                  1/2 tsp Pepper
                  1 4" sprig Fresh Rosemary
                  5 cups Vegetable Broth (or chicken)
                  1 (15 oz) can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
                  3 large Mushrooms, sliced
                  2 small Zucchini, cut in 2" pieces
                  6 - 8 oz Cheese Tortellini* (or pesto cheese)
                  2 cups Baby Spinach (optional)
                  Garnish
                  Fresh Basil Leaves
                  Grated Parmesan

Instructions
                  Turn on the Sauté function. When display reads “Hot” add the oil.
                  Add onions, carrots, celery, and bay leaf. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
                  Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.

Add the tomatoes, thyme, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Stir.
                  Add the broth, garbanzo beans, mushrooms, zucchini, and tortellini. Stir.
                  Place the lid on the pot and set the Steam Release Knob to Sealing (not on Ultra).
                  Cancel the Sauté function.
                  Press the Pressure Cook (or Manual) Button, or dial on Ultra. Set time to 3 minutes using the + or - button, or dial.
                  When cook cycle ends, let pot naturally release pressure for 5 minutes. Then manually release the remaining pressure by turning the knob to Venting (or push the button on the Ultra).
                  When the pin in the lid drops down, open the lid and stir the soup. Taste and adjust salt, if needed.
                  If using, stir in the baby spinach leaves and let them sit a minute to wilt in the hot soup.
                  Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and parmesan cheese.

I was going to make it again tomorrow, but I need to go shopping for some zucchini.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

You can also just cut it up with some onions, peppers, and mushrooms (or whatever veggies you like), coat it in olive oil or butter and oregano, pouch it up in aluminum foil and throw it on the top rack of your grill while you cook some other stuff. just let it roast there for 20 minutes or so and then eat. Yum.

Comment

Oddly I just had a "what can I make with zucchini" thread on my Facebook feed. This looked good...

These Easy Zucchini Fritters are a great way to use up all that summer zucchini! It's such an easy recipe that makes for the perfect side to grilled meat!

Comment

I had some zucchini on the grill last night with other veggies ... when you get a little char on they're alright. Key is to get young ones, not too large.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          Key is to get young ones, not too large.
                          Somehow this sounds sexual.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            Somehow this sounds sexual.
                            Signed, Epstein's Mother
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I would like to like Zucchini.

Do any of you have a Zucchini recipe that is not bakery, that you can recommend? Our neighbor gave us two of them.
                              One of the Zucchini's bit the dust. Waited too long...may have been some procrastination involved.

Comment

Working...
                              X