Soundbars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Correct, the receiver is no longer used. The soundbar connects directly to the TV.
    Thanks. That is very tempting, especially since you and TG really like your soundbars.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

It's quite an echo chamber in here.

Comment

Then what do you all do with the high end speakers and receivers that you are retiring? I think I am too cheap to just dump them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Then what do you all do with the high end speakers and receivers that you are retiring? I think I am too cheap to just dump them.
          They're sitting in my garage with all the other electronics I refuse to toss out, lol.

Comment

Sell them on Craig's List or Facebook Marketplace.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              I've been rethinking my sound set up since I've bought a Samsung smart TV. I have not been able to get the sound from the apps to go through my receiver and my very nice Orb speakers. It's frustrating so maybe a sound bar is the way to go for me. I also like the idea of trimming down the amount of devices and such that I have in the living room. So the soundbar connects directly into the TV and there's no need for the receiver, right?

I was intrigued by the Samsung soundbar that TranaGreg mentioned. I could potentially get wireless rear speakers too, was looking at this; Samsung SWA-9000S Rear Wireless Speaker Kit. That's also something I could do at a later time. Do any of you know of a way to get a wireless setup for rear speakers to connect to the soundbar where you don't have to buy speakers? Where I could use my Orb speakers? Is that a thing?
              fwiw, I was living in a condo in Toronto when I got the Samsung soundbar; it was a relatively small space so I was okay without the surround sound option, but have since moved to a much larger place ... am toying with the idea of getting the rear speaker kit myself ... just have to make sure it has an acceptable WAF.

WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Sell them on Craig's List or Facebook Marketplace.
                or Kijiji - I've sold a ton of stuff though there
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I've been rethinking my sound set up since I've bought a Samsung smart TV. I have not been able to get the sound from the apps to go through my receiver and my very nice Orb speakers. It's frustrating so maybe a sound bar is the way to go for me. I also like the idea of trimming down the amount of devices and such that I have in the living room. So the soundbar connects directly into the TV and there's no need for the receiver, right?

I was intrigued by the Samsung soundbar that TranaGreg mentioned. I could potentially get wireless rear speakers too, was looking at this; Samsung SWA-9000S Rear Wireless Speaker Kit. That's also something I could do at a later time. Do any of you know of a way to get a wireless setup for rear speakers to connect to the soundbar where you don't have to buy speakers? Where I could use my Orb speakers? Is that a thing?
                  to clarify, it's hdmi into the tv, then hdmi out thru the tv's hdmi arc connector which feeds into the soundbar. The tv's ARC ensures the video & sound are in sync, and the soundbar has an ARC-in setting.

Comment

check out this group on facebook - they would sell here and the posters would make you smile too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/665781376908832/

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      to clarify, it's hdmi into the tv, then hdmi out thru the tv's hdmi arc connector which feeds into the soundbar. The tv's ARC ensures the video & sound are in sync, and the soundbar has an ARC-in setting.
                      Yep -- ARC worked perfectly. When I tried a setup using HDMI to my 7.1 receiver, everything went haywire. I have no idea why. It may have had to do with misplacing the receiver's remote control (since I had set it up on my Universal RC long ago), and couldn't adjust things as I wanted to, but damn, they don't make it easy to fix!

The Soundbar with surround sound is easy peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Yep -- ARC worked perfectly. When I tried a setup using HDMI to my 7.1 receiver, everything went haywire. I have no idea why. It may have had to do with misplacing the receiver's remote control (since I had set it up on my Universal RC long ago), and couldn't adjust things as I wanted to, but damn, they don't make it easy to fix!

The Soundbar with surround sound is easy peasy.
                        yeah the first time I set it up I split the signal & sent one to the tv, and another one to the soundbar ... seems logical, but don't do that - use the ARC connector, it's way more reliable - and simple

Comment

Working...
                        X