Trade offer feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade offer feedback

14 team H2H 5 x 5 categories--Full dynasty with no contracts or salaries.

Like most leagues I'm sure, it's been pretty dead waiting to see how things get worked out.
    He wants Bauer/Sixto Sanchez/Brujan and is offering Kopech/McCullers/Pache and will throw in Chavis if I want. At first my thought was no way just due to both SP coming off TJ but the more I think about it...it doesn't seem as bad.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    14 team H2H 5 x 5 categories--Full dynasty with no contracts or salaries.

Like most leagues I'm sure, it's been pretty dead waiting to see how things get worked out.
    He wants Bauer/Sixto Sanchez/Brujan and is offering Kopech/McCullers/Pache and will throw in Chavis if I want. At first my thought was no way just due to both SP coming off TJ but the more I think about it...it doesn't seem as bad.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    It is not a bad offer, but if I were trying to win this year, I'd stick with Bauer, especially on news he might pitch every 4 days. I like Brujan a bit more for roto than Pache as well, although I'd take Kopech over Sixto.

Comment

Oh, hell no. And my less-than-impressed point of view on Bauer is pretty well known. And even with that, hell no.

I will admit my bias here - I'm not sold on McCullers arm holding up. Despite Houston's best efforts, his arm has already blown up once. Bauer, despite his deficiencies, does have the advantages of being reliable, durable, and a source of high Ks. I do agree with SM that Kopech has higher upside than Sixto, but I'd way rather have Bauer/Sixto than Kopech/McCullers.

And I love Brujan for fantasy baseball purposes. Plus contact, some power upside, blazing speed and exceptional base stealing instincts. And even though the Rays tend to be more conservative than most when it comes to SBs, this guy's so good I think they'll turn him loose. And the Rays have been after him to up his defense, and he really did it last year at AA ball. COVID has likely set him back a year, but he could easily be a $30 player by 2022. With some power upside.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Appreciate the replies guys...I think Brujan will be a fantasy asset for sure but I guess I'm not as sold on his power upside. 2-0 to not make the deal so maybe my first instincts were the right way to go.

Comment

Appreciate the replies guys...I think Brujan will be a fantasy asset for sure but I guess I'm not as sold on his power upside. 2-0 to not make the deal so maybe my first instincts were the right way to go.
          Just the speed alone with a decent BA and OBP makes him a $25 asset.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Disagree with Chance here...the main problem is that he's with Tampa, a system that's notorious for delaying players, and then once they make it up, platooning them. Right now he's got Brandon Lowe in front of hi, who just signed a long term deal a year ago, he's got Xavier Edwards, who they made a deal to get, and MIGHT have Wander Franco looking for a spot if they decide SS isn't right for him.

So while he's got chops, he really doesn't have a spot waiting for him in the future...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Disagree with Chance here...the main problem is that he's with Tampa, a system that's notorious for delaying players, and then once they make it up, platooning them. Right now he's got Brandon Lowe in front of hi, who just signed a long term deal a year ago, he's got Xavier Edwards, who they made a deal to get, and MIGHT have Wander Franco looking for a spot if they decide SS isn't right for him.

So while he's got chops, he really doesn't have a spot waiting for him in the future...
              Yeah, Tampa's depth and the way the platoon guys is why I only prefer Brujan slightly to Pache, but even with those factors, if Brujan can keep hitting, he will find a spot and ABs, whereas Pache, an excellent defender with a high floor, just doesn't look like an above average bat to me, and he lacks Brujan's speed. So while he may be the better real player, I'd still gamble on Brujan. Even if you want to call those two a wash, it comes down to McCullers and Kopech for Bauer and Sixto. Kopech's edge over Sixto is not high enough for me to give Bauer for McCullers. Bauer rightly takes heat for having only one great season, but he has been a durable workhorse and this season, could lead the league in IP. McCullers has proven to be made of glass his career to date, and has never shown what Bauer showed in 2018, when his FB had some crazy magic in it.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Oh, hell no. And my less-than-impressed point of view on Bauer is pretty well known. And even with that, hell no.

I will admit my bias here - I'm not sold on McCullers arm holding up. Despite Houston's best efforts, his arm has already blown up once. Bauer, despite his deficiencies, does have the advantages of being reliable, durable, and a source of high Ks. I do agree with SM that Kopech has higher upside than Sixto, but I'd way rather have Bauer/Sixto than Kopech/McCullers.

And I love Brujan for fantasy baseball purposes. Plus contact, some power upside, blazing speed and exceptional base stealing instincts. And even though the Rays tend to be more conservative than most when it comes to SBs, this guy's so good I think they'll turn him loose. And the Rays have been after him to up his defense, and he really did it last year at AA ball. COVID has likely set him back a year, but he could easily be a $30 player by 2022. With some power upside.
                This was my knee jerk thoughts before reading the other thoughts. Horns makes a good point about Brujan, but a lot can happen in a year or two. I still like him.

Still a solid no for me.

Comment

all the analysis here is pretty spot on IMO ... it comes down to your opinion on McCullers - if he returns to form & stays healthy then it's close, but you've already stated your thoughts on that - which I agree with - so I land on the no side as well.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                  X