In addition to the CV-19, we need this list also:

Mike Leake - ARI
      Ryan Zimmerman - WAS
      Joe Ross - WAS
      Tyson Ross - FA
      Ian Desmond - COL
      David Price - LAD
      Felix Hernandez - ATL
      I own 3 of these. One endgame, two res. rounds.

Comment

Here's another possibility:

Zack Wheeler -- whose wife is due to give birth to their first child later this month -- admitted Sunday that he's unsure whether he will play this season after the baby is born.
        Either way, Wheeler will miss at least two starts once his wife gives birth, as he must go through the intake process again, etc. It sounds like it's possible, though, that he might elect to not come back at all this year. The pitcher added that while he feels comfortable right now, he's always thinking about whether playing is the right thing to do.

SOURCE: Matt Gelb on Twitter
        Jul 5, 2020, 12:29 PM ET

Comment

Nick Markakis is the latest to opt out.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            Nick Markakis is the latest to opt out.
            Makes sense. Guys over 55 are at higher risk.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

This is suck a shitshow. I'm still "ok" with playing fantasy baseball this year but at some point its just not going to be worth it if high round picks start opting out. Hasn't happened yet but not fair to Trout owners should he make that decision (and not a Trout owner so no bias here).

Comment

that's why we mothballed our Rotisserie League and in April we did a redraft, no-transactions offshoot for 2020.

some owners will ignore it entirely, others will glance in here and there, others may observe daily standings changes.

but with no moves and no bench, an owner not paying attention can still win!
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                  This is suck a shitshow. I'm still "ok" with playing fantasy baseball this year but at some point its just not going to be worth it if high round picks start opting out. Hasn't happened yet but not fair to Trout owners should he make that decision (and not a Trout owner so no bias here).
                  Agreed, but it seems all our leagues are bent on making a go of it.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Agreed, but it seems all our leagues are bent on making a go of it.
                    in RJEL i've lost Chris Archer to voluntary surgery, David Price to opt-out, and now Joey Gallo to a positive test result. I guess there's always 2021.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      in RJEL i've lost Chris Archer to voluntary surgery, David Price to opt-out, and now Joey Gallo to a positive test result. I guess there's always 2021.
                      Gallo is asymptomatic and feels good. There is a good chance he will be back before the season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                        In my league, anyone who kept a guy who opts out will have that guy frozen for next year, so it won't cost him anything this year and he still has his contract next year. The hope for us was/is, that if we auction the day before the season starts, which we are,, most or all of those opting out will have chosen to do so, so no one gets majorly burned by paying big for someone who sits out. What will definitely happen, is there will be some bargains that end up being keepers. Trout may be one of them. If he hasn't decided to sit by July 26th, I think owners will still be shy to bid big. He could get a $10 discount, or more, and become a nice keeper.

Comment

Hector Noesi - PIT

Comment

Buster Posey
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Surprisingly, Michael Kopech has opted out

Comment

Working...
                              X