Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Surprisingly, Michael Kopech has opted out
    Does this give Rodon more of a shot or is the 5th spot still all Gio?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Does this give Rodon more of a shot or is the 5th spot still all Gio?
      Probably Gio at this point, but I suspect that Rodon will work long innings and eventually take over. It's not like Gio has a lot left in the tank at this point.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Probably Gio at this point, but I suspect that Rodon will work long innings and eventually take over. It's not like Gio has a lot left in the tank at this point.
        Agree. It'll allow the Pale Hose to gradually build up Rodon if they want to. Gio struggles to get through a lineup just twice these days.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

more hijinks ahead, from NY Post's Joel Sherman:

"In the now scheduled 67-day season, players will receive roughly 2.78 days of service for every day the season is played beginning July 23 (if it begins July 23).

Normally a player needs 172 days of service to accrue a year. Astros center fielder George Springer has five years and 166 days of service because in 2014 he was held down just long enough to make sure he would need to play seven seasons to reach free agency rather than six. He did not file a grievance. But if he still carries animosity, he could, for example, choose not to play after July 24 and still have amassed the six service days (the fraction is rounded up) to qualify for free agency after the season.

James Paxton needs seven days to qualify for free agency, Marcus Stroman eight, A’s star shortstop Marcus Semien 19, Dodgers right fielder Mookie Betts (the top projected potential free agent) 36.

When asked if there is the expectation is that multiple players — especially those who were concerned about playing within the pandemic — will jump once certain service-time criteria are reached, an official for an AL team said, “There is no doubt it is going to go on.”

[other advice: avoid veteran stars on crappy teams, who can afford to drop out once the team clearly does, in fact, suck]
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Of that list, I have Paxton, but since his team doesn't suck, I hope I am safe.

Comment

I'm hoping Kris Bryant plays one game, waves to the Ricketts, and goes home. All while with as straight of a face as possible telling reporters that "it wasn't about the money or service time".
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I'm hoping Kris Bryant plays one game, waves to the Ricketts, and goes home. All while with as straight of a face as possible telling reporters that "it wasn't about the money or service time".

Comment

Jordan Hicks has opted out.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

While I am often on the side of players, and would normally appreciate Bryant getting his “revenge” this way...as someone who drafted Bryant in my March auction, (as my highest priced player, at that), I’m going to have to hope this doesn’t happen.
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Comment

Joe Smith - HOU

Comment

Colin McHugh - BOS

Comment

Markakis says he's "opting in" now.

Lorenzo Cain (MIL) is opting opt now.

Comment

Isan Diaz, Marlins, has left the building and the 2020 season
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Y. Cespedes (NYM) has opted out of the rest of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X