Players Diagnosed with COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    What has the interest done to you Gregg?!
    About 4% right now, although with the COVID 19, I'm growing even more than that lately.

Comment

• Part of me knew that once the deal was done, it would take a lot from all sides to walk from the money, but this Marlins outbreak so early on--even if the game goes on, I wonder if some guys who were on the fence before, like Wheeler and Trout were for good reasons, reevaluate just how safe they are doing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        About 4% right now, although with the COVID 19, I'm growing even more than that lately.
        Typical internet user making up fake news. See, my original post had the right word and has no edit stamp. Fake News!

But seriously, if you know how to find a 4% interest rate, point me to it .

Comment

Typical internet user making up fake news. See, my original post had the right word and has no edit stamp. Fake News!

But seriously, if you know how to find a 4% interest rate, point me to it .
          Check your mortgage.

Comment

Has anyone seen a list of the additional Marlins that went on the IL?

It's odd, they announced the first 4, but the following 7 are still unknown?
            RW says Jon Heyman reported that Miguel Rojas is 1 of them.

Comment

• And just heard on radio that the Marlins season has been paused. I have no idea what that means yet, and whether that includes the Phillies or not. The most suitable GIF I can find:

49p158.jpg
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Geesh. Phillies paused too. This is gonna lead to uneven games played, if the season survives. Win % will decided.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  And just heard on radio that the Marlins season has been paused. I have no idea what that means yet, and whether that includes the Phillies or not. The most suitable GIF I can find:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1260[/ATTACH]
                  Rosenthal has been tweeting a proposed plan for the next week for the Marlins, Phillies and their opponents:
                  The Yankees and Orioles would play each other in Baltimore on Wednesday and Thursday instead of Philadelphia and Miami respectively.
                  Philadelphia will plan to play at home vs. Toronto starting on Friday if COVID-19 testing shows no issues by then.
                  Miami's situation remains unclear, but there are no mentions as to when they might consider playing games again.

Comment

Odd, I took Ed's post as complete sarcasm, making both of you on the same "side" of the discussion.
                    Well, it wasn't all sarcasm. Yes, I believe MLB has a contingency plan for this, and I don't expect them to suspend or cancel the entire season. Obviously with the Marlins, who now have 15 players gone for the next 14 days, they will have to determine if they can play with any players off their 60-man roster and not "start the clocks" on them if need be. If they can't, then I'm not sure what they will do, as them not playing has a ripple effect on every team. So I imagine the solution will be to just force the Marlins to use whoever they can while these players quarantine.

It's ugly for sure, but not entirely unexpected.

Comment

• Cardinals-Brewers game today postponed after "more than 5" Cardinals players and staff tested positive.

Meanwhile, the Marlins are up to 18 players with COVID-19.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Cardinals-Brewers game today postponed after "more than 5" Cardinals players tested positive.

Meanwhile, the Marlins are up to 18 players with COVID-19.
                        I do not know how we get through this season.

Comment

I do not know how we get through this season.
                          It was only 1 additional player. The rest were staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            That was a really critical update... for a while there, thinking about a larger scale outbreak among the players could kill the season. We're dangerously close already, with Manfred having warned the players union of a possible shutdown.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Karl Ravech

@karlravechespn
                              ·
                              2m
                              Comissioner Rob Manfred tells me “We are playing. The players need to be better, but I am not a quitter in general and there is no reason to quit now. We have had to be fluid, but it is manageable.”
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                                Give it another day or two.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X