Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New name for the Indians?

My suggestion is the Portland Spiders.

Cleveland Browns. Maybe then the Browns could win something, someday.

Management can rest assured that no matter what name is chosen, someone will be offended, either because of what name is picked or what isn't.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

They got the Brown name from their first coach, Paul. Maybe the Cleveland Franconas

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
        My suggestion is the Portland Spiders.
        I see what you did there.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
          They got the Brown name from their first coach, Paul. Maybe the Cleveland Franconas
          I know that. I remember when Art Modell tried to use a elf-type character for the team--the fans rejected it wholesale.

Back in the early 1980s, I worked for a company whose President had been one of Coach Brown's players at Massillon High. He had some great stories. This big, tough guy had the unfortunate legal first name of "Francis" and used to say, "Five people in my life have gotten away with calling me by that name--my grandmothers, my father, my mother, and Coach Brown." That's the kind of respect Brown generated.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Cleveland Lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
              Cleveland Burning Lakers.
              Fixed.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The Cleveland Steam
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

I think the Cleveland Spiders would be very cool. With a good design it could be great. Perhaps take the opportunity to evolve a bit from the always boring blue and red? (Keep the blue, kill the red maybe.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                    I think the Cleveland Spiders would be very cool. With a good design it could be great. Perhaps take the opportunity to evolve a bit from the always boring blue and red? (Keep the blue, kill the red maybe.)
                    Then how about the Cleveland Blues? That was the original nickname of the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Then how about the Cleveland Blues? That was the original nickname of the franchise.
                      Spiders would sell more caps. ;]

Comment

they were the Bronchos in 1902 - and the Molly Maguires in 1912-14.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                          Cleveland Lakers.
                          The lake never burned. It was the Cuyahoga River.

-- William James

Comment

The Cleveland Rocks.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                              The lake never burned. It was the Cuyahoga River.
                              True, but it'd make for some awesome baseball caps, no?
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X