Puig--Where will he land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Last night?? Cripes, did the rest of your league go fishing?
    I'm assuming it is a 10-12 team mixed league, but even so, I think Puig is a good gamble for a buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I'm assuming it is a 10-12 team mixed league, but even so, I think Puig is a good gamble for a buck.
      You think, lol? He went for $13 in my RJer-heavy 15-team league last night.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        You think, lol? He went for $13 in my RJer-heavy 15-team league last night.
        Yeah, I expect him to go for even more in my 14 teamer, but we have $400 instead of the standard $260. I think of El D when I think of Puig. That guy thought Puig was Trout-level. It is easy to forget, with the antics (which strike me as more fun-loving than anything), that this is a talented hitter.

Comment

AND now Puig not only tests Positive for Covid, but the Braves cancelled the deal--Puig is back on the market.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            AND now Puig not only tests Positive for Covid, but the Braves cancelled the deal--Puig is back on the market.
            Oh wow, that sucks for Puig. Geesh.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              I think he's like #5 on their OF list now behind Castellanos (who will now likely DH), Akiyama, Senzel, Winkler, and more or less even with Van Meter.

EDIT: Still, I am surprised that he wouldn't make the 60-man. Thinking about it, I wonder what's going on with that--he's on the 40-man, so he is automatically on the 60-man unless something wonky is going on.
              Phillip Ervin is often overlooked and highly underrated. Decent hitter, some power, some speed, good defense...but the Reds seem opposed to ever giving him a real chance.
              2021 Auction Anatomy
              2021 Keeper Decisions
              2020 Auction Anatomy
              2020 Pre-Auction
              2015 Auction Anatomy
              2014 Auction Anatomy
              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

And Puig?

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Smart move by the Braves. I wouldn't want Puig to be a mentor to the crown jewel (Acuna) of my organization.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Smart move by the Braves. I wouldn't want Puig to be a mentor to the crown jewel (Acuna) of my organization.
                    IDK, I have never seen him up close, so maybe Reds and Dodger fans can speak to this, but from afar I don't see Puig as so bad. He is a character. A goof. But baseball could use characters. Does he not hustle when playing? What is the deal with the Puig "cancer in the clubhouse" claims? I'd rather a guy having maybe a little too much fun but still playing hard and keeping out of trouble off the field than a guy who is divisive on the team and getting into off the field issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      IDK, I have never seen him up close, so maybe Reds and Dodger fans can speak to this, but from afar I don't see Puig as so bad. He is a character. A goof. But baseball could use characters. Does he not hustle when playing? What is the deal with the Puig "cancer in the clubhouse" claims? I'd rather a guy having maybe a little too much fun but still playing hard and keeping out of trouble off the field than a guy who is divisive on the team and getting into off the field issues.
                      Yeah, I have no doubt the Braves could manage Puig easily, especially if it's a just this season deal. Puig has had some well-documented issues with not hustling and losing concentration in the field. He's also had issues where he's allowed emotion to rule over common sense, too. But "cancer in the clubhouse"? Yeah, I don't get that one, either.

There's always an undertone with Puig that he doesn't take the game seriously since someone with his prodigious talent would be elite in terms of production if he did. I think that's an unfair assessment, and he has a three-year track record of pretty amazing consistency through the course of a season.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Well, he is a dark skinned Latin player, and baseball is known to have biases in how they interpret attitudes and actions (hard-nosed/hustle vs dirty...plays the game with passion vs being a hothead, etc.)
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Yeah, I have no doubt the Braves could manage Puig easily, especially if it's a just this season deal. Puig has had some well-documented issues with not hustling and losing concentration in the field. He's also had issues where he's allowed emotion to rule over common sense, too. But "cancer in the clubhouse"? Yeah,
                          Sounds like he would fit in with us in the Hot Topic threads.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                            Well, he is a dark skinned Latin player, and baseball is known to have biases in how they interpret attitudes and actions (hard-nosed/hustle vs dirty...plays the game with passion vs being a hothead, etc.)
                            Watch out, while 100% correct, that idea gets called "shaded racism" here apparently... <eye roll>

Comment

Working...
                            X