HDID--Paxton and Hoese for Baur and Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID--Paxton and Hoese for Baur and Carroll

My first post-start up deals. I went all in before the covid shut down, and have the best keeper list in the league. But I traded a one year Paxton $13 for prospects--Spencer Howard and Corbin Carroll. It seemed too good to pass up and I suspected I could flip them for more. Then I wanted to get that production back, so I flipped Spencer Howard and Kody Hoese for one year of Bauer $11.

So, it ended up Paxton and Hoese for Bauer and Corbin Carroll. I came out ahead in the minors--I like Carroll a lot. It comes down to Paxton vs Bauer. I like the big maple in a short season and have concerns about Bauer, but to me they are a wash. What do you all think? The price difference is no big deal in my league ($400 cap), so it comes down to who do you like better in 2020--Paxton or Bauer, and if Paxton, did I get enough to make up for the difference?

I look at it that you bought down risk. Bauer has proven upside, but I think his base is significantly lower than Paxton. But he's typically healthier, a key cog in the staff, and will almost certainly generate better counting stats for you than Paxton. Bauer could very well hurt your ratios, but Paxton almost certainly will find a way to get hurt.

Given that you have an exceptional keeper list, I'd rather have the lower risk pitcher in Bauer. But be prepared to manage the downside if he starts handing out home runs at a frightening rate again.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to minimize risk, for sure. Paxton is healthy now, but even in a short season, that could change. I also will be able to flip Carroll for more than Hoese later. I know 2018 Bauer is a pipe dream, but I'm hoping he will be better than last year. I know the Ks will be there regardless, and that is what I need the most.

Comment

I would think that Paxton is a good bet to stay healthy for 2 months...and he's got a lot better track record than Bauer. Now Bauer has done it, but only for one season...pitching in Cincy is no picnic.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          pitching in Cincy is no picnic.
          But it is entertaining for the fans if you like offense.

Getting back to the subject--I agree with chancellor. Bauer is lower risk despite the chamber of horrors that is pitching at the GASP. And I like Carroll.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

I just got an offer from the guy I gave Paxton to swap 1 for 1 for my bauer.

Very tempted, because it amount to me getting Corbin carroll for kody hoese. But then I read that the Reds may pitch Bauer every 4 days instead of 5. That would be huge in my pts league. It would vault Bauer way up to get 3 extra starts in this short season. So, I as much as I like Paxton, I passed. I will be bummed if this ends up not happening, but if it does, man, would that be awesome.

Comment

I have trade fever so I ended up giving Bauer and hans crouse for Paxton and Xavier Edwards. So, I came full circle, and ended up getting Crobin Carroll and Xavier Edwards for two lesser prospects--Crouse and Hoese.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I have trade fever so I ended up giving Bauer and hans crouse for Paxton and Xavier Edwards. So, I came full circle, and ended up getting Crobin Carroll and Xavier Edwards for two lesser prospects--Crouse and Hoese.
                So you hosed him not once, but twice? You Republican, you!

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  So you hosed him not once, but twice? You Republican, you!
                  Haha, it was two owners, that I errr, facilitated deals with. I see it as taking a fee on both transactions. The owners of the two prospects I got wanted Bauer, but could not come to an agreement with the owner who had him. I am more the guy in Congress that can work with both sides to get something done .

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Haha, it was two owners, that I errr, facilitated deals with. I see it as taking a fee on both transactions. The owners of the two prospects I got wanted Bauer, but could not come to an agreement with the owner who had him. I am more the guy in Congress that can work with both sides to get something done .
                    Ah, so you're Mitt Romney. I get it now.

Comment

Working...
                    X