Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Buffalo is the winner, per NY Gov Cuomo
    yep, now being widely reported. They're looking at some quick infrastructure upgrades (lighting, maybe more). Good that this is resolved.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      yep, now being widely reported. They're looking at some quick infrastructure upgrades (lighting, maybe more). Good that this is resolved.
      when is the first "home" game?!?!
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Interesting. The players seemed to really want a pro stadium with pro training facilities and amenities. But maybe they caved cuz this puts them much closer to their Canadian homes and families.

Anyone know how that park will play? Hitters park? Pitchers park?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Interesting. The players seemed to really want a pro stadium with pro training facilities and amenities. But maybe they caved cuz this puts them much closer to their Canadian homes and families.

The dimensions look pretty normal, 404 to dead center. Built in 1988, so it's not ancient either...

The Official Site of Minor League Baseball web site includes features, news, rosters, statistics, schedules, teams, live game radio broadcasts, and video clips.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

whoa - state of Pennsylvania won't allow the Jays to play in Pittsburgh!!!
            If it's any consolation, Pittsburgh sports talk radio had a lot of disappointed callers the last few days who wanted to see some Blue Jays baseball played at PNC Park. Even though they could only watch it on TV.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

FYI, I don't think any of them live up here year round, so I doubt that the Canadian angle is a thing; I suspect that it was a control matter - I'm sure other teams put a list of constraints on the players re: access & use that simply didn't apply in their own AAA facility. And bring some $$$ to make a few key upgrades & I think it was the most logical outcome.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                The dimensions look pretty normal, 404 to dead center. Built in 1988, so it's not ancient either...

https://www.milb.com/buffalo/tickets/seating-diagram
                for an insider's perspective, Cavan Biggio played there last year ...

“It’s definitely a bigger park than Rogers Centre, no doubt,” Biggio said on Sportsnet 590 The Fan. “It plays deeper to right because the wind is usually from right-field pole to left-field pole so sometimes you’ll get a little bit of flow out to left field but right field you got to hit it out to get it. So no cheap home runs to right there.”
                Sportsnet article

and re: what they're upgrading ...

... Blue Jays president Mark Shapiro outlined the areas that need to be upgraded, which include: lighting, expanding the clubhouses, cleaning up the field after months of inactivity, and adding training and rehab facilities for both the home and away teams....

Comment

for an insider's perspective, Cavan Biggio played there last year ...

Sportsnet article

and re: what they're upgrading ...
                  Well on a positive note, if the Marlins shut this thing down they wont need to play there

Comment

Working...
                  X