Where will the blue jays play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will the blue jays play?

Toronto,Dunedin, Tampa , Buffalo? I have heard these names. If I was forced to bet on one I would guess Buffalo right now.

I would guess Buffalo as well.

Comment

Canada has offered to be a hub for an NHL resumption. I would guess they would allow them to play in Toronto in a total bubble.

Comment

I think it would be a lot easier for Canada to accept a hub where all teams remain in a bubble than a situation where teams are constantly going in and out of the country.

Comment

Buffalo

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

yeah it's a crapshoot right now but if I had to bet I'd say some arrangement will be made allowing them to play in Toronto
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              yeah it's a crapshoot right now but if I had to bet I'd say some arrangement will be made allowing them to play in Toronto
              According to Sportsnet's Shi Davidi, the Blue Jays have told their players to begin traveling to Toronto.
              There had been some question about whether the Jays would be able to stage spring 2.0 in Toronto given the different travel and event restrictions in Canada, but it seems they've ultimately been given the go-ahead. A charter is scheduled to leave from the team's spring training site in Dunedin, Florida on Wednesday.

Comment

It's not signed, sealed, etc., yet, but apparently the Jays are confident that a deal will be reached before Wednesday.

Very good news if it happens that way. And Heaven knows we need all the good news we can get!
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                  It's not signed, sealed, etc., yet, but apparently the Jays are confident that a deal will be reached before Wednesday.

Very good news if it happens that way. And Heaven knows we need all the good news we can get!
                  yeah rumour is that the Jays & visiting teams will stay at the hotel at the stadium, and not be given access beyond that (I'm not sure legally how that could work, it's pretty much house arrest, but whatever ... )
                  I also assume that MLB will have to ensure testing for everyone boarding planes to come into the country and on leaving, and throughout.
                  Wild times, but it's a helluva lot better than having everyone stay in florida.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

yeah rumour is that the Jays & visiting teams will stay at the hotel at the stadium, and not be given access beyond that (I'm not sure legally how that could work, it's pretty much house arrest, but whatever ... )
                    I also assume that MLB will have to ensure testing for everyone boarding planes to come into the country and on leaving, and throughout.
                    Buffalo seems like a better option. If I were the union I would have a problem with this arrangement.

Comment

It could work pretty easily except for Canadians. The non-Canadians would just be paroled into the country with the specific condition that this is the only place they can be.

Comment

Apparently Toronto is out.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                          Officially, Toronto is out for regular season games.
                          Fixed; could be revisited for playoff games.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                            Apparently Toronto is out.
                            I wonder what the NHL is going to do.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Doesn't baseball starts next Friday? I would think this would be figured out by now

Comment

Working...
                              X