I'm Retired!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hacko View Post
    My financial guy look at my 401 k , my SS package and we talked about what I wanted then gave me what I could live on
    1 . If I TOOK MY money SS at 62
    2 At 65 when I could get Medicare ( insurance another reason to work past 62)
    3 at full SS 66 1/2
    4 At 70.

We meet at least once a year to review options ...
    Good plan. Your financial advisor seems like a good guy, although I'd want to check what kinds of investments he rolled your 401k plan into (lol).

Hornsby, as a retirement gift I'd run a financial plan for you free of any charge or any obligation.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Good plan. Your financial advisor seems like a good guy, although I'd want to check what kinds of investments he rolled your 401k plan into (lol).

Hornsby, as a retirement gift I'd run a financial plan for you free of any charge or any obligation.
      Man, that would be awesome! What would you need to make it happen? I like my current guy, but I'm not 100% sure that he's fully invested in me...he's probably got bigger fish to fry.

And thank you all for the kind wishes and great ideas...lots to think about here.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Man, that would be awesome! What would you need to make it happen? I like my current guy, but I'm not 100% sure that he's fully invested in me...he's probably got bigger fish to fry.

And thank you all for the kind wishes and great ideas...lots to think about here.
        I'll send you an email. Like I said, it's free of any obligation, so if you don't want to tell me private info, I fully understand.

Comment

Congratulations Steve!! Still not only enough to be President though.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            Congrats! Any plans for post-work life?
            Not much at this point...I'll figure something out though. I guess that I'm going to have to become a little more handy now that I have spare time. I'd love to travel, but that's not in the cards for a while Probably going to get a bicycle and ride some of the trails around Minneapolis and surroundings. Might as well start to try to get into some semblance of shape other than round.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I'll send you an email. Like I said, it's free of any obligation, so if you don't want to tell me private info, I fully understand.
              No issues there at all...I've probably got a head start with the house being paid off and not a ton in credit card debt...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Congratulations, Horns!! 44 years...in that business...is very impressive.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Horns -

Let me know when you want to start driving for Meals on Wheels.

Congrats on the retirement!
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Not much at this point...I'll figure something out though. I guess that I'm going to have to become a little more handy now that I have spare time. I'd love to travel, but that's not in the cards for a while Probably going to get a bicycle and ride some of the trails around Minneapolis and surroundings. Might as well start to try to get into some semblance of shape other than round.
                    You can just post incessantly on RJ. That's an option.

Oh, and congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                      This is another decision that is impossible to make correctly without knowing how long you are going to live. I'm planning on taking my SS at 62 (the second I'm eligible). That's just me and my opinion. Please NEVER base any decision you make on ANYTHING I ever say.
                      now you tell me! I've been trying to crack my clams on my belly using rocks for years now and STILL don't have the hang of it.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                        My financial guy look at my 401 k , my SS package and we talked about what I wanted then gave me what I could live on
                        1 . If I TOOK MY money SS at 62
                        2 At 65 when I could get Medicare ( insurance another reason to work past 62)
                        3 at full SS 66 1/2
                        4 At 70.

We meet at least once a year to review options ...
                        Dude, why would you pay for this stuff when you can get Ed to do it for you for free?!?

Comment

Cripes... I was just joking!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            Good plan. In my opinion, a person still can not know they are making the best decision without knowing when you are going to kick the bucket.
                            Wait, you don't know when you're going to kick the bucket? Here's a website that can help you find out.

Death Clock. Have you ever asked yourself 'when will I die?', use our advanced life expectancy calculator to accurately predict your death date and receive your own death countdown clock.

Comment

Jokes aside, really happy for you mate! Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                                Wait, you don't know when you're going to kick the bucket? Here's a website that can help you find out.

https://www.death-clock.org/
                                He needs an Old Gypsy Woman

Comment

Working...
                                X