12 Team Dynasty Startup HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Team Dynasty Startup HDID

As I continue to have too much time on on my hands I found a dynasty startup to join where I didn't have to be in charge.

12 Teams Superflex, PPR 1.0 for RB/WR 1.5 TE 4 points for Passing TD 6 for all others. 3rd round reverse.

Starting lineups of 11 starters

QB
    RB
    RB
    WR
    WR
    TE
    Flex
    Flex
    Flex
    Flex
    Superflex slot

I drew the 8th slot in the draft, the first 7 were not very surprising Mahomes, CMC, Lamar, Saquon, M Thomas, K Murray, and Zeke.

I knew with 4 guys behind me if I passed on the top tier of QB's (Watson, Dak,and Rus) I would not get one. If Zeke or Thomas had fallen to me I probably would have been fine passing on QB. Cooks injury history personally scares me too much to invest this pick, not really as worried about the holdout situation. In the end I did take Watson at 1.08 and Dak and Wilson went right after me at 1.9 and 1.10.

Mixon, Jacobs, CEH, Kamara, Cook, and Sanders went in that order. Cook coming back to me started to look possible there for a second and I would have been happy to take him as my 2nd pick. For me, the pick came down to Hopkins, Adams or Cubb. I decided to take the slightly younger WR in Adams, I really see he and D-Hop as a tossup in dynasty.

Round 3 was a tease, Tyreek Hill had dropped and was still there at 3.03 a bunch of us tried to trade up when that guy announced he would move down. In the end I wasn't willing to give up enough to move up two spots from 3.05. People tried to move up to my slot at 3.05, but I think they wanted AJ Brown who was not my target but the people trying to move up didn't have a pick in rd 3 I wanted to move down to. For me Mike Evans was the clear pick here and I was happy to get another in his prime WR to pair with Adams.

Round 4 was another pick where the value was clearly at WR. That said the RB I most looked at here was Kenyan Drake, in the end I knew people behind me had invested in RB and my guess was a WR run was coming behind me. I almost wound up with Julio Jones who in round 4 I would have said fine I don't care about his age but he went the pick before me. So that left me Golladay A-Rob and Sutton, for me Golladay has the most stable QB situation and his target share seems pretty locked in.

I was right about the turn after me went Sutton, Metcalf, Robinson, McLaurin, E Engram, Goff, Lamb, and Ridley. 8 picks and no RB's meant Drake was still on the board and he became my 1st rb in round 5. In round 6 I grabbed Matt Ryan as QB 14 off the board. Round 7 was more WR value with Robert Woods. Older RB's kept dropping so I wasn't panicking there and in round 8 I grabbed Lev Bell and in round 10 Mark Ingram. Those two aren't the big upside young picks but they are guys who should produce this year and I still think Bell can be good in a different offense. Round 9 I grabbed Austin Hooper to give me a younger TE.

That's 10 rounds of thoughts I won't bore you with all 30, here's how my team broke down and a link to the full draft in google docs

Man, I love the idea of having trades within the draft, that's a cool wrinkle to add in.

Comment

Working...
    X