Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ Greatest B&W Movie commentary thread

Post your comments on the picks here.

I am delighted to pick 12 Angry Men with the first pick. Acting was fantastic, just perfect casting. Lumet's camera work was outstanding. This is as close to a perfect movie as I can imagine.

Nominated for Academy Awards in the categories of Best Director, Best Picture, and Best Writing of Adapted Screenplay.

3 points.

Comment

Dr. Strangelove is the only B&W film in my personal top 20.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Dr. Strangelove

Nominated:

Best Picture
        Best Director
        Best Adapted Screenplay
        Best Actor

4 points

Comment

Great pick DMT. That was gonna be my 2nd round selection.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
            Great pick DMT. That was gonna be my 2nd round selection.
            Thanks you as well. I watched it a couple months ago and it's incredible how well it's held up.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Damn, just realized I should have waited three more minutes to post my pick. Rookie mistake.

Comment

Was really hoping 12 Angry Men was going to fall to me. Phenomenal movie. If my other #1 choice doesn't fall to me at 1.06, I will be rather distraught.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                  Was really hoping 12 Angry Men was going to fall to me. Phenomenal movie. If my other #1 choice doesn't fall to me at 1.06, I will be rather distraught.
                  I am wondering if your other #1 pick is my other #1 pick.

I believe I have no chance of mine getting back to me.

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that like every other RJ draft I participate in, my picks will be safe from anyone else? We will see!
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

First round is starting off strong as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Why do I get the feeling that like every other RJ draft I participate in, my picks will be safe from anyone else? We will see!
                        Apparently not as Steve takes the movie I was picking first.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Apparently not as Steve takes the movie I was picking first.
                          I'm a bit confused. Did you really think no one else was going to have Casablanca as a top 10 pick?
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                            I'm a bit confused. Did you really think no one else was going to have Casablanca as a top 10 pick?
                            And I have Maltese Falcon one tick above Casablanca.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I am wondering if your other #1 pick is my other #1 pick.

I believe I have no chance of mine getting back to me.
                              Yep, Long John grabbed my other #1 pick with Young Frankenstein. Well played sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X