No announcement yet.

RJ Greatest B&W Movie commentary thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My final roster; (based on 10 rounds ... I don't think I'll go any further, just pulling at straws at this point) ...

1.07 Psycho
    2.02 Citizen Kane
    3.07 It's a Wonderful Life
    4.02 A Christmas Carol (1951, Alistair Sims)
    5.07 Wings of Desire, 1987 Wim Wenders
    6.02 Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe
    7.07 - 8 1/2
    8.02 Persepolis, 2007
    9.07 Stagecoach
    10.02 The Elephant Man
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      My final roster; (based on 10 rounds ... I don't think I'll go any further, just pulling at straws at this point) ...

1.07 Psycho
      2.02 Citizen Kane
      3.07 It's a Wonderful Life
      4.02 A Christmas Carol (1951, Alistair Sims)
      5.07 Wings of Desire, 1987 Wim Wenders
      6.02 Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe
      7.07 - 8 1/2
      8.02 Persepolis, 2007
      9.07 Stagecoach
      10.02 The Elephant Man
      I like it. It has ten movies. They are all black & white. I'd say you nailed it!
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Great pick with Postman.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Was considering Wuthering Heights for my next pick.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• So, like, where are we?
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
              So, like, where are we?
              I was out yesterday. I will be making my last pick in a minute.

I will then make my 11.01 bonus pick (1 of 2) and we will follow in that order. For those that are done I will insert a pass for the round. Please respond here if you are out.

Comment

So, like, where are we?
                Fields of Whisky, apparently.

Comment

• I thought that 10th round was very strong. It will be interesting to see what happens in the 2 round bonus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I thought that 10th round was very strong. It will be interesting to see what happens in the 2 round bonus.
                    The bonus round starts off with two classic and strong picks.

I was thrilled to get Night of and Eternity is a monster this late.

Comment

• Night of is fantastic!
                      Also love the Caligari pick.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I played the Harold Lloyd clock scene for my 2 adult daughters and my 9 year old Grandson. They loved it.

My Grandson asked if we could watch the whole movie someday. My daughters asked how could we not know about this guy or this movie.

I look forward to showing them some black and white movies.

Comment

• So where are we? Whose pick is it? If a person is out, there should be something posted that his pick is passed. Mith listed a bunch of films but didnt specify a particular one.

Comment

• Yeah, not sure why he did that. Steve already said he was out, so that would make it Mith's pick. Since he clearly picked many movies, I actually selected one on his list that I was already planning on taking.

TG is up.

I would have taken Dr. Caligari. Great pick.
                            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• I didn't know Steve was out sorry. I will amend my post.

Comment

Yeah, not sure why he did that. Steve already said he was out, so that would make it Mith's pick. Since he clearly picked many movies, I actually selected one on his list that I was already planning on taking.

TG is up.

I would have taken Dr. Caligari. Great pick.
                                sorry guys, I had posted earlier that I would stop at 10 rounds ... if i had to pick here I'd take Zelig even tho 50% of it is colour which would invalidate it ... hence the stopping at 10 ...
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X