No announcement yet.

RJ Greatest B&W Movie commentary thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules of the Game was very high on my list. Great pick.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Rules of the Game was very high on my list. Great pick.
      So good. Haven't seen it in a while and am anxious to re-watch it when I get the opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
        So good. Haven't seen it in a while and am anxious to re-watch it when I get the opportunity.
        Me too. Probably been at least 10 years or so since I have seen it.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Persepolis - Wow, a B&W animated movie. I was not familiar w it at all. It looks like something I want to watch. But I dont see a free way to do it.
          yeah, it's quite the piece ... not sure about streaming options other than things like kodi
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

There are so many great movies left. But I'm glad to see there's this much knowledge and interest here in old movies. You guys are better than I was expecting.
            Agreed. This has been fun. I have a few movies to check out that I have not seen or need to see again.

Should we add two bonus rounds for those that want to.

Maybe for those that don't could just put in pass and I will fill that in on the front page of the draft?

Comment

• Originally posted by gregg View Post
              should we add two bonus rounds for those that want to.

Maybe for those that don't could just put in pass and i will fill that in on the front page of the draft?
              Yes!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Agreed. This has been fun. I have a few movies to check out that I have not seen or need to see again.

Should we add two bonus rounds for those that want to.

Maybe for those that don't could just put in pass and I will fill that in on the front page of the draft?
                Sounds good to me. I'm in.

DMT, nice pick with Manchurian Candidate. Interesting to see Angela Lansbury in such an atypical role for her.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Persepolis - Wow, a B&W animated movie. I was not familiar w it at all. It looks like something I want to watch. But I dont see a free way to do it.
                  Is this it?

Join the web’s most supportive community of creators and get high-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos in gorgeous HD with no ads.

Comment

• I might be able to squeeze two more picks.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                      Sounds good to me. I'm in.

DMT, nice pick with Manchurian Candidate. Interesting to see Angela Lansbury in such an atypical role for her.
                      Thanks
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I'm in for more picks

Comment

• wow, yes. nice find!
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Thanx, Ken!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              I'm in for more picks
                              As am I.

Comment

• I debated between The Manchurian Candidate and The Killing, great pick!
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X