Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official RJ Black and White Movie Draft thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.01 - Asphalt Jungle (1950)

Comment

12.03 Good Night, and Good Luck
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

12.04 - All About Eve

I know we all liked to pick our favorites, but insane that this all-time great wasn't picked.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

12.06 La noire de... (Black Girl) (1966)

Watched this just recently. Breakthrough film for sub-Saharan African cinema.

Comment

Kubrick bookends.

12.07 Paths of Glory (1957)
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

12.08- SONS OF THE DESERT -Laurel and Hardy(1933)
              Last edited by Gregg; 07-01-2020, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                3.08 - The Seven Samurai (1954)

First foreign language film on our list.
                would have never made it to the 3rd round if I was in this draft, would have grabbed plenty of Kurosawa late as well. I'm sad I missed this draft
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  would have never made it to the 3rd round if I was in this draft, would have grabbed plenty of Kurosawa late as well. I'm sad I missed this draft
                  Sorry we missed you, too. Did you see the commentary thread? Why not post some of your favorites there?

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    It would have been great to have you in. I suspect it could have had a pretty big impact on how the draft unfolded.

Nice to see you again.

Comment

• Incredibly the top movie of all-time as voted by 358 filmmakers (Tokyo Story) didn't get drafted. I've never even heard of it.

Every ten years, film journal Sight and Sound conducts a worldwide survey of film critics to decide which films are considered the best ever made. Started in 1952, the poll is now widely regarded as the most important and respected out there.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Not sure if I'm the only drafter who hadn't seen it, but last night my family watched The Day the Earth Stood Still, very enjoyable.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                        X