RJ Greatest B&W Movie sign up thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ Greatest B&W Movie sign up thread.

Please sign up here. Let's plan on setting rules, and order by Thursday, with a Friday start.

1) Gregg

Mith is in.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Me too.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Why the hell not? I'm in
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

bump.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Looking for confirmation from Long John, Ken, and Chance.

You guys in?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

You guys in?
                ummm, I may be too young to appreciate this one. I'd be pretty exclusively picking modern artsy flicks if I had to choose B/W movies. Not my thing unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

You guys in?
                  Me? No. B&W is not my thing at all.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm in.
                    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

OK we have our players.

Do we want rules or some parameters? Throw some ideas around in this thread.

I will be out today so I can chime in tonight. We can finalize the order, rounds, and rules (if there are any) tomorrow.

Lets plan on starting Friday.

Comment

How many rounds? I count 6 players so 10 rounds would be 60 movies.

Comment

I'm good with whatever you guys decide.

Comment

I think 10 movies per participant is a good number. It's like building your top 10 all-time movies list, but in black & white only.

The only rule I think we need qualification on is the Wizard of Oz rule. What qualifies a movie as black & white?
                            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

sure I'll give it a shot
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X