No announcement yet.

RJ Greatest B&W Movie sign up thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said before, this is the 1st one of these I've participated in so I dont know how it goes. I guess we're not keeping score, and I dont even know how one would score this anyway. Is there any rule about looking up films from some website or is that considered "cheating"? As far as I'm concerned, it's just for fun and education and, therefore, pretty much anything goes. I imagine that some of you will begin to run out of choices in the later rounds so you'll pretty much have to start looking films up. I've seen so many great movies that I could easily do 30 rounds. I look forward to raving about my selections.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Like I said before, this is the 1st one of these I've participated in so I dont know how it goes. I guess we're not keeping score, and I dont even know how one would score this anyway. Is there any rule about looking up films from some website or is that considered "cheating"? As far as I'm concerned, it's just for fun and education and, therefore, pretty much anything goes. I imagine that some of you will begin to run out of choices in the later rounds so you'll pretty much have to start looking films up. I've seen so many great movies that I could easily do 30 rounds. I look forward to raving about my selections.
      Welcome aboard! These are usually just for fun. One thing to avoid is mentioning movies that are eligible to be picked.

I'll be raving over my selections too!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Welcome aboard! These are usually just for fun. One thing to avoid is mentioning movies that are eligible to be picked.

I'll be raving over my selections too!
        Right. That's why I didnt mention the other movie that I referred to above. But I felt I had to mention Schindler's List. Everyone should already know about it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
          It is for fun. Looking up is fine. I think I could go 20 deep. It will be fun seeing what we all come up with.
          I will be picking movies I love first than what I like rather than what critics say. Schindler's list will make it by my first pick of the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            It is for fun. Looking up is fine. I think I could go 20 deep. It will be fun seeing what we all come up with.
            I will be picking movies I love first than what I like rather than what critics say. Schindler's list will make it by my first pick of the draft.
            Yeah, I could probably go 20 deep as well, but with 8 players, I think we're going to be struggling by round 15. (Are we going that far?)
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
              Yeah, I could probably go 20 deep as well, but with 8 players, I think we're going to be struggling by round 15. (Are we going that far?)
              10 rounds. Already started.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                Yeah, I could probably go 20 deep as well, but with 8 players, I think we're going to be struggling by round 10. (Are we going that far?)
                Fixed.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                X