RJ Greatest B&W Movie sign up thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Please sign up here. Let's plan on setting rules, and order by Thursday, with a Friday start.

1) Gregg
    Gregg
    Mith
    DMT
    steve 2.0
    rhd
    Long John
    TranaGreg
    jmaeroff

8 players 10 picks each.

Someone take the names listed here and post a random order.

I will then ask Mrs. Gregg to give me 8 numbers in her random order to assign the draft order. So if I was 1 and she said 6 for the first number I would draft 6th.

Let's plan on starting tomorrow at 10:00 am central.

Any categories or just let it fly?

Comment

No categories, and usually we keep the draft order stuff on RJ, so one poster sends the numbers, another sends the names. No biggie but it would be a bit odd.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Names sent
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          No categories, and usually we keep the draft order stuff on RJ, so one poster sends the numbers, another sends the names. No biggie but it would be a bit odd.
          Ok.

I got the names (thank you). Someone send me the numbers.

Comment

Oops did you want the numbers PM'ed?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

rhd-8
              Long john-6
              jmaeroff-3
              TranaGreg-7
              steve-4
              DMT-2
              Gregg-1
              Mith-5
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Gregg and DMT picking 1-2... smells fishy.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

Oops did you want the numbers PM'ed?
                  Nope you did just great!

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Gregg and DMT picking 1-2... smells fishy.
                    Remove your mask.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Gregg are you gonna wait to pick?
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

I thought I'd bring this up ahead of time. Schindler's List is all B&W but there is one scene where there is a small girl in a red coat. I vote that this should not disqualify it for our draft. There is also at least one other great B&W movie that has a similar scene (probably wont be chosen, tho). Can we have a ruling?

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          I thought I'd bring this up ahead of time. Schindler's List is all B&W but there is one scene where there is a small girl in a red coat. I vote that this should not disqualify it for our draft. There is also at least one other great B&W movie that has a similar scene (probably wont be chosen, tho). Can we have a ruling?
                          funny that's the first movie I thought of when considering this topic and also the first issue I thought of when clarifying eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            IMO if it's predominantly B&W it should qualify (clearly I'm not as much of a literalist as Mith)
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              clearly I'm not as much of a literalist as Mith
                              You're literally not.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                IMO if it's predominantly B&W it should qualify (clearly I'm not as much of a literalist as Mith)
                                I can abide by this
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X