Alphabet music draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphabet music draft

Have we ever done one of these with a song from a group with each letter of the alphabet? Thought we did, but I can't find it on search.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Have we ever done one of these with a song from a group with each letter of the alphabet? Thought we did, but I can't find it on search.
    I don't think so but it should be easy as 1,2,3
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I guess it's just you and me baby
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

LOL....good job! Thanks for checking.

Comment

I would be in if you want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I would be in if you want to play.
            Ditto.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I'm not sure I get the concept. 26 rounds? I pick one song from a band that starts with the letter A (AC/DC) then one song from a band that starts with B (Beatles)....etc?
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I'm in. But have no idea what you mean.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

set up some parameters and I will play

Can the band only be used once?
                  Is led Zeppelin a Zee or an L
                  How about Frank Zappa?
                  How does it work for Vintage drafts?
                  any Era? any genre?

Comment

I think he meant a song title for every letter of the alphabet.

Build a jukebox of 26 songs of any Era to begin with, other parameters need to be clarified

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I was actually going for a band on the letters, any song you choose as long as the song hasn't been taken. Only other rules I was thinking is letter is first name of a band name (like "P" for Pink Floyd) but first letter of last name for people (like "M" for Eddie Money). I'm open to whatever drafters want to do with groups that start with the word "The". Have 'em all under "T" or their band name like "B" for The Beatles.

Didn't even think about era, was just thinking anything post-1955. If someone wants to pick Miles Davis for their "D" pick, I'm all for it.

Was thinking band can be used more than once, but not the song chosen.

Comment

I was actually going for a band on the letters, any song you choose as long as the song hasn't been taken. Only other rules I was thinking is letter is first name of a band name (like "P" for Pink Floyd) but first letter of last name for people (like "M" for Eddie Money). I'm open to whatever drafters want to do with groups that start with the word "The". Have 'em all under "T" or their band name like "B" for The Beatles.

Didn't even think about era, was just thinking anything post-1955. If someone wants to pick Miles Davis for their "D" pick, I'm all for it.

don't count THE or A if the beginning of the name

It might be tough or interesting to make it that bands cant repeat - or would that make it too tough

Comment

Sure, I’m in.

Comment

I'll do whatever, but would suggest "The" be ignored for groups (so Beatles would be B), except in the case of The The, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              It might be tough or interesting to make it that bands cant repeat
                              X would be impossible in that scenario unless there were like four drafters.

Comment

Working...
                              X