Alphabet music draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik View Post
    X would be impossible in that scenario unless there were like four drafters.
    I suppose we could throw King's X into the 'X' category. There has to be another option beyond XTC. I can't see many XXXTENTACION fans being a part of this draft.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

X would be impossible in that scenario unless there were like four drafters.
      That was my thinking as well, but I could be wrong. I'll leave discussion open for another day, and then kick it off.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I was actually going for a band on the letters, any song you choose as long as the song hasn't been taken. Only other rules I was thinking is letter is first name of a band name (like "P" for Pink Floyd) but first letter of last name for people (like "M" for Eddie Money). I'm open to whatever drafters want to do with groups that start with the word "The". Have 'em all under "T" or their band name like "B" for The Beatles.

Didn't even think about era, was just thinking anything post-1955. If someone wants to pick Miles Davis for their "D" pick, I'm all for it.

Was thinking band can be used more than once, but not the song chosen.
        So that would mean we all could take a Beatles song for "B"?

I will play whatever you all want.

It might be more interesting if we only use the band once. First guy gets a "B"eatles song close the book on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
          I suppose we could throw King's X into the 'X' category. There has to be another option beyond XTC. I can't see many XXXTENTACION fans being a part of this draft.
          Maybe if you want the best catcher you have to reach early? Seems like XTC might need to be a top pick. Unless of course I am willing to play that spot blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Maybe if you want the best catcher you have to reach early? Seems like XTC might need to be a top pick. Unless of course I am willing to play that spot blank.
            Turns out the catcher position is much deeper than I thought. I can take the last pick in this draft and still fill the slot.

Comment

I'll do whatever, but would suggest "The" be ignored for groups (so Beatles would be B), except in the case of The The, of course.
              a favorite -

Comment

I know of like the one band per letter idea - isn't there something that the vintage drafters do with a cluster of letters

Comment

Why not ... sure.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    I know of like the one band per letter idea - isn't there something that the vintage drafters do with a cluster of letters
                    Yeah, 1 player per letter of the alphabet. If you pick Ruth, you can't pick A-Rod etc ... and Dan Quisenberry is worth more than Willie Mays

Also, why haven't you tried a Vintage Draft yet? WHY? EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                      Cluster of Letters would be good name for a band.
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I'm still confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                          I'm still confused.
                          Me too.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Me too.
                            Oh, great. I'm in the same boat as Mith. (kidding! I'm kidding!)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                              I'm still confused.
                              I'm Still Confused would be a good name for a band.

Same Boat as Mith would also be a good name for a band.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                I'm Still Confused would be a good name for a band.

Same Boat as Mith would also be a good name for a band.
                                I'm Still Confused would also make a good t-shirt slogan for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X